found a puddle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
akilgore23 said:
Hey titan looks like it was about time they made some play room down there

For now... The new District of Transpotation Headquarters (located on the other side of creme colored building on right) opens next month after a year of construction, and the new Washington Nationals Stadium is just out of frame to the lower left of those pictures - a block over from the new DOT HQ. So the whole area is being rebuilt...rapidly. They just came in with eminant domain and rat spray to chase out the ghetto element. Those big empty lots where the Projects supplied me with crack for 5 years will be $750,000 rowhouses within the year.

MoladoGuy said:
How many families are homeless now? Enjoy romping in the Ghetto.

I thought they had done just that, with the exception that I have not been offered crack since they shut down and have not seen any of the former tenants roaming or hanging out in the area. Apparently they have been relocated and dispersed. When the new rowhouses go up there is a quota set up to intermingle them back into the neighborhood along with doctors, "work force" reduced cost housing. Ethnic and Social diversity at work.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 10 miles from me there is an unpaved county road going over the mountains with a dozen old knarly and rutted logging trails going every which way up the mountain and it's N Y State Property. So through my taxes I have wheeling rights. I marked one of the trees with lead over the years. We're right in the middle of a big spring thaw. It's one of my favorite places. I'll bet there's someone up there right now getting winched out. I will wait a couple of days as I need to go up there and sight in a 22. I also just WASHED THE JEEP and I want it to last at least until the weekend.

Dave

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have fun in the mud... Make sure to wash your undercarage right away after!! I learned the hard way, and broke a damn sensor!!

Try not to get stuck in the ghetto mud pit!! \:D/

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
I am going to sneak in this construction site in downtown DC later tonight with the Jeep. There's a goo 6 foot deep trench that is filling up with water...
Well, here we are, the day after you were supposed to go ghetto wheeling in DC. How about a trip report and pics of your muddy KJ...

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
Umm, hello, DOWNTOWN DC! There is absolutely no open land anywhere. Nobody even has a yard. This lot was THE PROJECTS back 4 months ago. They just tore them down and god knows where they sent all the section 8 housees. No joke, all 9 square blocks here was THE PROJECTS. When people talk about not going into the bad part of DC, this was it - the Anacostia waterfront, SoufEast DC. So now that they are gone and they are currently excavating the remnants of the boiler rooms, there is open mud...for 2 weeks before they throw up a new building.

The green roof ones on the right is where the pit is at now. "In the ghetooo, in the ghet-toooooooooooo"

BEFORE

You must be registered for see images

AFTER

You must be registered for see images

Why are there still the same number of cars parked all over the place including where the housing has been destroyed? A school?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The office on the right, construction workers for the DOT HQ and New baseball park, and the Washington Navy Yard - home of NCIS, JAG, NAVSEA, couple others is across the street, too. Once the hoods got boarded up they all started parking on the street. The nearest school would be several blocks up from this picture, though it is partially visible. Those school buses are just the bus yard for the DCPS system. Keep in mind that up until that office on the right, and the E Street Marines at the new Marine Barracks in the background (their parking garage is the slanting lined building), and the Department of Transportation moved in recently, this was the cheapest, poorest, most dangerous land in DC. So there was a lot of industrial land, junk yards, and bus lots....and the projects.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZKJ said:
the_titan said:
I am going to sneak in this construction site in downtown DC later tonight with the Jeep. There's a goo 6 foot deep trench that is filling up with water...
Well, here we are, the day after you were supposed to go ghetto wheeling in DC. How about a trip report and pics of your muddy KJ...
the_titan said:
The office on the right, construction workers for the DOT HQ and New baseball park............
So, did you miss my post above or am I just being ignored??? :-s

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZKJ said:
AZKJ said:
the_titan said:
the_titan said:
The office on the right, construction workers for the DOT HQ and New baseball park............
So, did you miss my post above or am I just being ignored??? :-s
Well, it looks like I'm just being ignored.... LOL