Forgive me Jeep for I Have Sinned...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
When I got my first car gas was .25 - yes that's twenty - five cents per gallon

Yea....I'm an old coot.
I'm not that far behind ya. I can remember when my folks would pull into the station and get gas for that price, and the attendant would come out and do all the old-school stuff - clean the window, check the oil, things like that. Nowadays ya clean yer own windows and hardly ever see anyone with their hood open actually checking their oil...

Anyway, sorry for the thread-jack desertkj, these things get a life of their own sometimes :-k

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
No point?.....Nah, i'm goin out and cuddle my Jeep.

Oh, and i apologize for my part in the thread jack.

Opps....someone's at the door. Hope it's not the thread jack police. I gotta sneak out the back...............see ya

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MikeD0106 said:
desertkj... I think you've been threadjacked.gif

I think what everyone is trying to tell you is that you'll be fine. Now go buy your KJ an air intake *cheap and easy mod compared to the lift* and that will help the healing process. Oh, while installing the cold air intake apologize and carress your KJ until she forgives you. crazy.gif

I didn't really care where the thread went. Kinda just posted a thought and didn't know where it would go. Anyway, just to go another entirely new direction, do the cold air intakes really make a difference?

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway, just to go another entirely new direction, do the cold air intakes really make a difference?
I didn't see one....maybe a little more get up and go, but nothing concrete, just seat of the pants perception. A month later i upgraded the exhaust and that's when the gains came, about 1-2mpg every tank. It's one of those things you want to do early tho. The longer you have all that stuff, the more of the cost you can recover/exceed.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boilermaker said:
Anyway, just to go another entirely new direction, do the cold air intakes really make a difference?
I didn't see one....maybe a little more get up and go, but nothing concrete, just seat of the pants perception. A month later i upgraded the exhaust and that's when the gains came, about 1-2mpg every tank. It's one of those things you want to do early tho. The longer you have all that stuff, the more of the cost you can recover/exceed.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking based on what I have seen on other vehicles. I've been glad I didn't order one a while ago when I had a chance. I heard their bad in dusty conditions too, which we definitely have in Phoenix.