Ford Motorcraft Premium Gold Coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This weekend I plan on flushing the cooling system on my '03. I want to get it ready for winter.

When we went out of town this evening, made several stops looking for the Zerex G-05. I couldn't find it anywhere. The only place left is my local NAPA, which I plan on checking tomorrow morning.

Given that we live in such a small town, it's a 50/50 shot of them having it.

If they don't have it, can I use Ford Motorcraft Premium Gold Coolant from my local Ford dealer? I know it's a HOAT coolant.

trail rated

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This weekend I plan on flushing the cooling system on my '03. I want to get it ready for winter.

When we went out of town this evening, made several stops looking for the Zerex G-05. I couldn't find it anywhere. The only place left is my local NAPA, which I plan on checking tomorrow morning.

Given that we live in such a small town, it's a 50/50 shot of them having it.

If they don't have it, can I use Ford Motorcraft Premium Gold Coolant from my local Ford dealer? I know it's a HOAT coolant.

Napa is the only place that sells G-05 now a days.

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAPA should have it since the coolant is required on all Chrysler vehicles. I personally wouldn't use anything but the Chrysler (NAPA) stuff.
Just my $.02.
Bruce

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napa will have the Zerez G-05, that's where i got mine, and its a small town. If they don't have some on the shelf ask for it, they will get it in a day or two from their warehouse. Some of them don't stock it on the shelf if it doesn't sell but will always be happy to order in a case if its requested.

Cost me $11.21 for a jug of it. It was worth it though because my KJ was refilled with G-05 on its last flush according to the maintenance record the previous owner left in the glovebox, at least then i don't have to worry about mixing with something else.

As for the Ford stuff... I don't know for sure, i do know that on the back of my jug of G-05 it says it can be used in Ford's running that, its compatible with it.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zerez G-05 is made by Valvoline, and around here a few other stores carry it because they also carry the Valvoline line of lubricants, but not all of them do.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in town we only have two parts stores, Advance Auto and Napa.

When we went out of town I checked Autozone, Advance Auto, Tractor Supply, Wal-Mart, and K-Mart looking specifically for the Zerex G-05 in the gold jug. Nothing.

If the local NAPA doesn't have it, I'll see if they can order it. If not, I'll hit the Ford dealer.

The nearest Chrysler dealer is over an hour away, so is the nearest NAPA other than the one in town.

Thanks for the replies.