For the folks with after-market signal lights....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WHY would one of my corner lenses be filling with water? One side is just fine, but the other I just had to take off, and dump the water out of it! Any inclination as to what I could've done wrong? Thanks in advance.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it filling all the way up? Or just some condensation on the inside of it?

Like dnm said, that usually means that a seal is bad somewhere. O:)

Could also be that High humidity in florida. May need to move north? \:D/

dnm45227

Reaction score
i'm thinking it's a little more than condensation. she said she had to dump it.

if you ask me a little humidity is a small price to pay for living in the land of milk, honey, sunshine and fair weather. i hear the streets are even paved with gold. stay put, unless you want to attone your way out of pergatory, but i don't think it would be worth it then.

sfreddy9

Reaction score
Can you tell me which ones you bought on eBay (which seller) so I don't get the same ones and have the same issue?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got KJ juice..........j/k

When you put it back on make sure the seal is smooth and no ripple or gouge on it. keep checking if it rains or is extra humid. There's no crack in the lens, right??

The only other thing I can think of is to get some of that PERMATEX that STAYS SOFT and put a LITTLE on the gasket. You don't want the stuff that hardens in case you need to take it back off to change a bulb or something. I'm not sure if this will work so get a second opinion.

Dave

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see any cracks in the lense......
It started as a little condensation, but after a few days, I was looking at it today, and rocked the truck, and it had a puddle splashin around in there. I took it iff and dumped it, and screwed it back in. I didn't think it'd be such a science.....all ya do is screw the darn thing in......what seal are you guys talkin bout?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you twist the bulb to take it out, there is a seal on that. That seal keeps the condensation from forming and keeps out water. O:)

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
When you twist the bulb to take it out, there is a seal on that. That seal keeps the condensation from forming and keeps out water. O:)

oooooooo I see.....duh. Jeez......ok. I'll have to check that.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's also a small peice of fiber tape that covers a hole, it's meant to have air pressure, but keep out other stuff.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
take the lens off, dip in a bucket, fill it with water from the bulb-hole *hehehe* and take it out, try to locate where it is getting the water, if it is from the edges of lens/plastic meeting points, if so you can just seal it with anything, or melt and mold. :)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have had this issue but finally removed the lens, cleaned it out, then put some silicon on the rubber sealer after the bulb is installed. Not a lot but just a bead line. I have not had any further problems with water or condensation build up.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you guys doing with your jeeps? Do you dip and take a dive and come back? I doubt that regular rain will fill those lenses

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my tail lights has condensation in it also. Been too lazy to fix it though. I'll wait until the spring when it is warmer. I also have to get two of those clips that go into the body that the tail light snaps into.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with mine, one of them leaked...and even though it's so much you have to dump it, it's still most likely condensation, it just keeps building up day after day with the temp changes. Mine are currently out and sitting in my closet, was actually planning on going to get some clear rtv sealant today to run around the seal. I'm probably still going to leave my stock ones in until spring though.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happens with factory lights too.

One of the foglights on my Sebring always has condensation in it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had alittle condensation in it today while I was washing it. First time Ive ever seen any in it.. For sure never had a build up of water in it. 8-[

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done sealing mine about a half hour ago...and I wanted to give a headsup of where to look for the leak(s). I thought at first it was going to be around the outer edge of the light, seemed to be the most likely spot...my leak was in the hole where the screw goes that holds the light in place. I filled the hole completely with clear rtv, then put a hole through it again so the screw could go through again later...hopefully it's all sealed up now. I'll check for leaks again before I put them back in.