Fog Light Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJcleveland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got the 05 sport model, and i never got foglights with the KJ when i bought it. They are the type that are in the grille, not the front bumper. Ive seen foglights that look like they mount ON the bumper to cover the hole. I need to get something going here, and i was wondering what you all preferred. I found these on EBAY but im not sure if its worth it or if i should just go try and find some in a junkyard somewhere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-LIBERTY-SPORT-05-06-2005-2006-DRIVING-FOG-LIGHT-U_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a043c9551QQitemZ180459705681QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Any ideas/suggestions? Im definately down for getting something outside the box going as well.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do realize it's just 1 light.... right?
It's just the lens and bulb as far as I can tell.

What you are looking for are the 05-06 Renegade fog lights that mount on the bumper. Search for that.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put mine in, factory kit for lights in the grill. Works fine, plenty of light, especially for their size. I like them a lot. Remember that these are fog lights with a low wide beam. Driving lights have a long thin beam. The best place for fog lights is as low and wide as possible like the 2002-2004 in-bumper location.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2063&d=1263052166

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The stock fog Bulbs were yellowish and 42 watts. I did this mod with Silverstar 9005ST Now Bright and white with 65 watts now.
http://www.jeepprojects.com/content.php?article.43
(basically F-150 High beams)
Nothing beats Ryan's 100watt fog bulbs though.
SO in the 05 if you do decide to install the stock Fog Bulb and housing, consider getting some brighter bulbs in there, they may be the same set up.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for double post, browser stuck trying to add below and got new 2nd header Huh?
Did not see any extra lights in your album photos..recent install?

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Would there be any way to get a night shot of headlights only then a shot of with KC/150s on and with then one of the KC covered up then...post em in here?
Was thinking of mounting one singular in the middle of push bar up top on main cross bar.
Would be appreciated if I could see how those 150's look at night.
Anything similar to those in rectangular instead of round?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Would there be any way to get a night shot of headlights only then a shot of with KC/150s on and with then one of the KC covered up then...post em in here?
Was thinking of mounting one singular in the middle of push bar up top on main cross bar.

You don't want a Cyclops Tim!

You need some MAN LIGHTS! They are the equivalent of
Man Tires only for seeing better!

The best would be a set of High Intensity Discharge driving lights.
Or a set L.E.D. of these little Killers!
http://www.visionxoffroad.com/led/s1100/
Or anything else on this page:
http://www.visionxoffroad.com/LED/
National 4WD in Langley has 'em!
But something like these aren't to bad either!
http://www.princessauto.com/truck-trailer/electrical/miscellaneous-lighting/8063760-auxiliary-light

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah, no problem....I have shots of Headlights...HL & Fogs....and then KC's and the rest of the lights.

Headlights only
You must be registered for see images attach

Headlights & Fogs

All lights

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is interesting. What bulbs Kj924 are you running in headlight/fogs?
I am getting some good results with the Piaa for headlights and modded Silverstar 9005 65 watt in the fogs, but similar to your photo with all lights on am looking to fill in the middle distance. This is why I thought one in the middle would give me that middle distance, but it looks like it may take two to really get there.
Ryan, I like those links re LED's, low watt draw is good, but I feel like Led's may actually limit intensity, hard to buy something and hope they work as advertised.
RYAN Any dark roads out there? Got time tonight or tomorrow, with your garage full or lights to hook one up to my battery, and take a few photos to see how I am currently doing stock, and see what happens when we add some? Then I can "see" what I am missing ,and also finally properly adjust the high beam fogs.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
That is interesting. What bulbs Kj924 are you running in headlight/fogs?
I am getting some good results with the Piaa for headlights and modded Silverstar 9005 65 watt in the fogs, but similar to your photo with all lights on am looking to fill in the middle distance. This is why I thought one in the middle would give me that middle distance, but it looks like it may take two to really get there.
Ryan, I like those links re LED's, low watt draw is good, but I feel like Led's may actually limit intensity, hard to buy something and hope they work as advertised.
RYAN Any dark roads out there? Got time tonight or tomorrow, with your garage full or lights to hook one up to my battery, and take a few photos to see how I am currently doing stock, and see what happens when we add some? Then I can "see" what I am missing ,and also finally properly adjust the high beam fogs.

Headlights Silverstars 55/65W
Fogs Silverstar 65 W

Edit: These KC's are a driving (thin pencil beam) light that fills in perfectly where I was looking for that extra light. Now if I had 4 more on the rack that would be perfect.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That would be something else. Where would you aim those extra light then? I suppose a bit off to each side of the center pencil illumination spots, giving greater distance then?
I love it ..when a Rack is catching your attention, through illumination!pics2.gif

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Just remember...
The larger the "Headlights"....
The better that "Rack" will stand out at night.
When selecting the "Rack" just make sure it's strong enough to support the extra weight of the larger "headlights" and....
...you will need extra "juice" to illuminate them rockon.gif

(admin)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
That would be something else. Where would you aim those extra light then? I suppose a bit off to each side of the center pencil illumination spots, giving greater distance then?
I love it ..when a Rack is catching your attention, through illumination!pics2.gif

I'd aim the extras like you were saying, off to the sides of what I'm running now....ditch to ditch basically....

Ya, nice rack!
Uh, I mean...
My what nice "Head lights" you have!=P~(naughty)

Once I get my additional cargo basket installed up top, I too will have
some extra lights up on my rack!

I haven't driven with this much light since I was on my '86 FZ 750...except now I'm driving alot slower....

...and Ryan...I love to see a nicely lit rack....lol3.gif