FM Modulator for KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hsb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, first post here. We just bought the Mrs. a 2005 KJ Limited with, I think, an RB1 cd player/navigation system. The mrs. wants to hook her mp3 player to the radio and looks like will need an FM Modulator, but I know nothing about them. What should I be looking for when purchasing one, or is there an easier way of hooking up her mp3 player?

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
We use an FM modulator which plugs into the bottom of our iPhone 4.
Works pretty good for the $12.00 that it cost on sale.
If you check Crutchfield you can get an MP3 interface that plugs into the back of most factory stereos wiring harness and then you have a cable that you can plug an MP3 player into.

For the amount of music we don't listen to, an FM modulator is just fine for us!

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are modulators and transmitters. The modulator plugs inline with the antenna on the radio and the transmitter broadcasts the signal like a tiny radio station. I'm in a big city and transmitters are useless here. In my ex wifes car I put a modulator in it and it had excellent sound quality compared to the monster brand transmitter she had and worked everywhere with no interference except the noise from her gsm cell phone which I remedied by loosely wrapping the modulator in foil as a radio shield.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

hsb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks. I happened to ask elsewhere and someone is sending me a modulator for free, the best kind.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.