Flowmaster Super 44 Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noahschultz

Reaction score
I have been researching mufflers for a little bit now and think I am going to go with the Flowmaster Super 44. My question is do I need to get the 2.5" one or the 2.25" one because I know the muffler on it right now goes down to a 2.25" close to the muffler. I was also wondering if I need a Center intake and an offset outtake or what.

Would this be the correct one to purchase?

942547-Super 44 Muffler – 2.50 Center In / 2.50 Offset Out – Aggressive Sound

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been researching mufflers for a little bit now and think I am going to go with the Flowmaster Super 44. My question is do I need to get the 2.5" one or the 2.25" one because I know the muffler on it right now goes down to a 2.25" close to the muffler. I was also wondering if I need a Center intake and an offset outtake or what.

Would this be the correct one to purchase?

942547-Super 44 Muffler – 2.50 Center In / 2.50 Offset Out – Aggressive Sound

If you like droning at highway speeds then the 44 is for you then.
Get the 2.5 inch in and out and same offset front and rear as the stock muffler

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the 2.5 and it sounds good to me been running one a while now.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesnt bother me. The jeep made no noise stock if i wanted that i would have left it. I am very happy with it. If for some reason you are worried about it go magnaflow. Tom swears by them. I did alot of sound searching before i pulled the trigger i didnt want to be disappointed so i went louder.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed a Flowmaster at about 1000 miles on my 04 , but it kept getting worse and worse until right about 65-75 ( legal speed ) it droned so bad in the cabin you had to shout to the person in the passenger seat. Lower speeds not too bad and around town, higher about 80-85 not bad at all. But at highway speeds ( was 65 back then here ) it drove ya friggin crazy, no talking, no tunes etc
Went to a magnaflow , really good sound at idle and taking off and I could even talk to my Stepfather in the back seat again !!
Oh and this was with a full tail pipe out the back

Look up "flowmaster drone" not the only one who doesn't like it
just my thin dimes worth

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a flow master and before when i had two down pipes, the noise level at highway speed was close to 90 decibels. The only cool thing was how the jeep sounded when you went full throttle.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a manual trans you have full control of the sound. Don't like the drone at a certain speed? Grab a different gear to change the revs.

Currently running a 2.5" Thrush welded (flowmaster 2-chamber copy) on stock pipes and cats. Both of us like the sound and easy revving.

Latest posts

Members online