Floor Mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, I've had the mopar mats, then I got rid of those and got highland mats and I am still not satisfied.

My Highland mats don't seem to cover near the accelerator pedal that great. I am wondering if I got the wrong high land mats.

Anyways, I think I wanted the Highland Black Armor, but maybe these aren't them.

I need some suggestions of the best mat out there. I would really like one that molds to the interior, but I am having a hard time tracking those down on the web.

Thanks,
Bennett

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
dont remember how hight the highlands were.....
04rckymtnkj's were short..forgot what brand they were.....

not sure about huskies either...

:-s wtf am I dont posting then....
some help..... #-o

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I would take a picture, but my camera broke. I took it all a part and found the faulty part and ordered a replacement. Damn thing shocked me too, since the capacitor for the flash was still charged.

well wait, let me try my camera phone.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Thats the ones I have, and they say Highland on them. but notice all the salt on the carpet where it misses. #-o

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I like to get some mats that have high "walls" on them that I could pour a cup of coffee on the floor if I chose to. I've seen them out there. I think they have different versions of them, but didn't know that at the time when I ordered my highlands.

Bennett

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Husky Mats all around. Love them. They all have a lip around them that hug the trans hump about 3 inches. I will take pics tomorrow if you would like. Other wise I got mine from Cabelas and they have some good pics on there....not of the KJ but from other vehicles. They are vehicle specific so they are molded to fit all the contours. They have some pretty hefty spikes on the bottom too so once you place them they will not move or slide around. Hope this helps let me know.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
04RkMtnKJ said:
I have the Husky Mats all around. Love them. They all have a lip around them that hug the trans hump about 3 inches. I will take pics tomorrow if you would like. Other wise I got mine from Cabelas and they have some good pics on there....not of the KJ but from other vehicles. They are vehicle specific so they are molded to fit all the contours. They have some pretty hefty spikes on the bottom too so once you place them they will not move or slide around. Hope this helps let me know.

Hey thanks! I'll go check them out-hopefully this will be my last time buying floor mats

Bennett

2003KJ

Reaction score
I got the el-cheapo ones from Target just so I could have something for this winter, and I have to say i'm pretty impressed with them. They fit pretty good in these pics, and I just recently trimmed them (they are the kind you can trim) and they fit even better. Just long enough to cover under the pedal to my satisfaction, and hold a pretty decent ammound of liquid for the ammount I paid.

Font 2 came in a set for $20 and the back 2 came individually for $7 a piece.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been in three differnt Targets in two states (Ohio and Colorado) and I have not seen the style floor mats you have in any of them.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Thats the strange thing. Tammy from LOST (02Liberty) really liked them too, and I told her i'd look for her. So I went back like a week later and couldn't find them either. I went to both in town with no luck.

I did however, see the front ones somewhere else. Ahh yes, Autozone. Different brand name, but EXACTLY the same thing, for the same price. Maybe give them a whirl.

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett, I think you bought the Highland All Weather mats instead of the Highland Black Armor mats. Here's the Black Armors at Cabelas http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jhtml?id=0014033&type=pod
I love my Black Armors... they fit perfectly, provide excellent protection and look good too. Cabelas also has Huskys.... either way they're a good place to order from. Prompt shipping etc.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yeh bennet, the one's that CHUD had were not those..they were higher..had a lip...the black armours....like what farewellbooth said...

and tim, we have the same front mats...LoL

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:

Really??? How do you like em?

ok, i still want a set of the highlands, but these are ok..it catches most of the water...my carpet still gets dirty every now and then....on the drivers side, i cout out some of that extra rubber to make it fit better....better than nothing

2003KJ

Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
2003KJ said:

Really??? How do you like em?

ok, i still want a set of the highlands, but these are ok..it catches most of the water...my carpet still gets dirty every now and then....on the drivers side, i cout out some of that extra rubber to make it fit better....better than nothing

I agree completely. But for the cost, I really can't complain!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Catch-All Xtreme in black. They don't cover under the gas peddle, as I think that they could without interfering with the peddle, but it's probably a liability issue. I can't imagine not having all weather mats as they really do their job.

I still need to order ones for the back seats. I had a nightmare recently that I parked in mud, and was having passengers get in the back and I thought, "No! I don't have all weather mats down!" 8-[

http://www.4wheelsupply.com/cat.cgi?s=liberty+xtreme

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P.S... For the back area of my KJ, I had my wife buy some heavy black felt. She then folded it in half and sewed the edges together and it covers the entire back with the seats down. It works well, as I can take it and throw it in the washer if it gets dirty.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
farwellbooth said:
Bennett, I think you bought the Highland All Weather mats instead of the Highland Black Armor mats. Here's the Black Armors at Cabelas http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jhtml?id=0014033&type=pod
I love my Black Armors... they fit perfectly, provide excellent protection and look good too. Cabelas also has Huskys.... either way they're a good place to order from. Prompt shipping etc.

You got any pics of these? These are the ones I think I originally wanted.

Thanks,
Bennett