fit and recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrogers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im looking into new tires for my 06 kj and have came across a few i liked. the main one is a 255/65r16 general grabber at but wasnt sure if the width would cause a problem. the kj is sittin stock with minimal sag so im not worried about the height just the width. Also would i be better off going to a different width rim or backspacing to fit them better?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
im looking into new tires for my 06 kj and have came across a few i liked. the main one is a 255/65r16 general grabber at but wasnt sure if the width would cause a problem. the kj is sittin stock with minimal sag so im not worried about the height just the width. Also would i be better off going to a different width rim or backspacing to fit them better?

More than likely would rub due to width. Even new with no say a 245-70-16 will rub some and the section width of those are 2 inches more narrow than the 255-65-16.
Going to a different wheel would only make matters worse. More rub on the flares/bumper/ and pinch weld