First Undercoating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShawnS

Reaction score
Hello!

I drive a 2004 Liberty Limited Edition and I'm planning on undercoating it for the first time ever this coming weekend. I was wondering if anyone has a preference of one brand over another because I've heard lots of different things. I want a coating that will last as long as possible and I would like to stay away from the rubberized coatings because it is my understanding that the coating can crack and trap moisture. I was told to look into bedliner too but I want to do some more asking around first. Just fyi, the truck is almost completely rust free aside from some very minor surface rust underneath and rust inside the bottoms of the doors which I repaired a few months back. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Others used por-15 especially if there are some rust. For winter/salt protection, Fluid Film is a good product.

JavelinAMX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bed liner can crack and fail too.
even with por 15 its all in the prep work, make sure to at the very least scuff up whatever your painting to give bite to the paint and take any loose debris off before coating.
also thinking about giving fluid film a shot this winter to see how it works.