First Pics of my baby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
These are clearly on the lot before they changed the tires for me.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
65th Anniversary Edition?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My uncle has the same one, and it is 65th Anniversary, and he doesn't have the badge or the sticker either, but it was stated on the Window Sticker.

Signs of 65th Edition are 6-CD Changer, Graphite Fenders, Silver Rails and those Black Touch-Up Rims.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! sounds like mine! I wonder if there is any way to verify this? ( not that i don't believe you but i assume it has to be documented somewhere) Because if thats what it really is ill do something to designate it so.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking jeep.....congrats

I thought the "65th Anniv Jeeps" were marked with badgeing??? I don't think I've seen one though.

Dave

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
My build sheet sais:
Customer Preferred Package 2TZ

and

28Z SPORT SPECIAL EDITION CUSTOMER PREFERRED ORDER SELECTION PKG -inc: 3.7L V6 engine, 4-speed auto trans, fog lamps, deep tinted glass, speed control, leather-wrapped steering wheel, aluminum wheels, AM/FM radio/6-disc compact disc changer, (6) Infinity speakers, steering wheel audio controls, bright roof side rails, chrome body-side molding, graphite fascias, graphite fender flares, spare tire cover, sport special edition *Upon selection of this pkg, the cost of powertrain components will be added* *NO LONGER FACTORY ORDERABLE-SEE DEALER FOR CURRENT AVAILABILITY*

does anyone knwo what 2TZ is?

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the anniversary edition came with that green color. I'll try to find the color code, so you can match it up.

EDIT: Color Code is PGJ, find the color code in the driver door jam. From the pics, yours doesnt look green....??

Last edited:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
its definetly not green. from what i can tell the green was a special color offred for this package. However i have found some silver ones too.
the mystery continues!

Vaskania

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jeep Liberty 65th Anniversary Edition is based on the Sport C package. MSRP for the 4x2 special edition is $24,095 and $25,605 for the 4x4 edition.

Features include:
•Power sunroof
•Monochromatic exterior appearance with body color fascias and fender flares
•Bright chrome bodyside moldings
•Unique 16-inch Mechanica aluminum wheels painted sparkle silver
•Unique cloth sets with embroidered "Jeep 65" logo
•Unique floormats with Jeep 65 logo
•Unique console trim
•Spare tire cover
•Unique Jeep 65th anniversary logo

Auburn Hills, Mich., Feb 9, 2006 - The Jeep brand is celebrating 65 years of go anywhere/do anything capability with special edition models of the 2006 Jeep Commander, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Liberty and Jeep Wrangler, all equipped with popular and unique features. These limited production vehicles will be on display during press and public days at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show, February 8-19 at McCormick Place.

"Since they were first mass produced in 1941, Jeep vehicles have gone on to become the authentic benchmark for off-road capability," said John Plecha, Director, Jeep Marketing and Product Planning, the Chrysler Group. "Jeep vehicles have mastered more terrain, lead more adventures and provided drivers more freedom than any other vehicle before or since. These 65th Anniversary Editions pay homage to the legend that is Jeep."

The Jeep 65th Anniversary Edition vehicles will be offered in Light Khaki, Dark Khaki, Bright Silver, Black and a new color, Jeep Green.

http://www.supercarnews.net/2006-jeep-liberty-65th-anniversary-edition

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^thank you Vaskania......
Dave

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Sure enough its a "Special Edition"
ran with Gringos lead and found this site
Intellichoice
I had seen this listed on my build sheet but didnt realize that this was a specific designation like Limited.
Thanks guys!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allright, so it is not 65th Anniversary, but it is "Special Edition". Maybe my uncle's is also Special Edition. I always thought it was the 65th Annv. I guess the stuff I mentioned in the list above is for Special Edition.