First off road experience…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I’d be cool if we all shared are first off road experiences.

My first experience made me an off roader for life.

I just recently brought a 2wd 06 jeep liberty. I wish I had gotten one with 4wd but it’s not a big deal. It has ESP. Plus I don’t drive trough trails or have heavy snow so I don’t really need 4wd. I was hesitant to take it off road for the first month or so but one day about a month ago I was like what the heck (I didn’t even think about it). I put it in 2nd gear and floored into a field by my house. I was amazed and said something like freakin awesome. It went through the field like it was nothing. Not bad for a 2wd. The KJ is awesome. Now I off road about once a week. No problems getting stuck. The Traction Control kicks in a couple times but that’s it. I love my KJ. It truly is an amazing vehicle.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I "off-roaded" our 2wd KJ when we first got it....it did alright I guess, wouldn't handle much more than a dirt road and a couple of small hills...still fun to play around with though, as long as you know someone with 4wd to come and get you if needed. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

This is as far as she would make it....

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know, you CAN lift that 2WD and put 32's on it like i did mine. icon996.gif But once you start modding, you can never stop....

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She prolly would have made it considerably further if it had some "real" tires on it. Those stock Wrangler ST's were horrible tires. Horrible traction even on-road, much less off-road... I was so happy when I got rid of my stock tires.

This is as far as she would make it....

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can...but not sure why you would want to, other than looks I guess. :confused:

Well, I have been over much steeper and rougher than that with no troubles or even thinking about getting stuck. And I have fun. That is the whole point of wheeling. As long as we all have fun in our own Jeeps. :cool:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine was over Labor Day weekend. I found a trail to A park, which was muddy. A 2wd wouldn't of made it. Then I found another mud hole, which required 4 Lo. Very impressive.