First Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IsaiahBarnfield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES! Thank you. I will be getting all of those components soon. I have about $1600 dollars for Tires and a Lift so that should be right around budget. I should get it in a month or so, I will post before and after pics (should be good because my KJ has 160,000 miles on it.)

ACWeller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC
What do you want pics of and what size tires, I have several of the lifts I have done. Or make a 2 hour trip south to one of our M&Gs always KJs/KKs here from Michigan, Indiana ohio etc

Tom I may very well take you up on that offer. Where in Ohio do you reside?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom I may very well take you up on that offer. Where in Ohio do you reside?

West of Toledo about 20 miles couple of hours south of ya, or we can meet up sometime as well
But we are going to be doing a lift on a KK soon ( next few weeks) and always a few lifted KJs around

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
YES! Thank you. I will be getting all of those components soon. I have about $1600 dollars for Tires and a Lift so that should be right around budget. I should get it in a month or so, I will post before and after pics (should be good because my KJ has 160,000 miles on it.)

160,000 and stock suspension, it will ride and handle so much better !!!
measure from the bottom of the flare to middle of the wheel. Let me know where you are

IsaiahBarnfield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a Frankinlift? It seems like it takes all the guess work completely out of everything and it is pre-assembled so I wouldn't need to take it to a shop for anything. It only costs 100 more but comes with a few things I wouldn't get the other way. I might just get the frankinlift.

Otter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed with the Frankenlift, but you will still need the front bump stops.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What about a Frankinlift? It seems like it takes all the guess work completely out of everything and it is pre-assembled so I wouldn't need to take it to a shop for anything. It only costs 100 more but comes with a few things I wouldn't get the other way. I might just get the frankinlift.

Basically the same thing as we have described No real extras to it and with top plate and clevis same height.
But its what ever is easier for you
Nothing wrong with a Frankenlift

Slava

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed with the Frankenlift, but you will still need the front bump stops.
So Frankenlift doesn't include bump stops? I got an impression from their site that the package contains everything, front and rear bump stops also :( If it is not then what is the advantage of buying Frankenlift?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well depends on who you talk to.
Now OME says that bumpstops are not needed with their shocks as they have a damper built in. OK that is good unless the tire still contacts the flare, so then extended bumpstops are needed
But the Franky that doesn't use the OME shocks not sure about them but also same as above in regards to wheel/tire combo
So either way, front extended bumpstops are cheap insurance
For the rear yes they do come with then I think.
Frankys also have a "pad" on the side of the lower spacer in front so that the upper part of the spindle does not touch the spring fully drooped
So some pros and cons, I have installed two Frankys, ( well 3 with my modded Franky parts) and all the rest have been OME with top plate/clevis etc

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
A Frankenlift does include rear polyurethane bump stops.
(Circled in green)
You must be registered for see images attach

No bump stops for the front as All J Products states that they are not
required.
I took the advice from other members here and fitted the longer Teraflex front bump stops to our Frankenlift setup.
As Tom says, cheap insurance!
Oh, and I paid $60.00 Canadian dollars for the front bump stops.

Last edited:

IsaiahBarnfield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Delima. Tires cost more than expected. How bad are the rear shocks on the BDS lift?

BDS lift - 450
Bilstein front shocks - 150 (not sure exact model number for 2"lift)
Bump Stops - 46

Total: - 646 before shipping

Is this really going to be so bad that it will make a big difference to get new rear shocks too? Or will this still be very capable of occasional wheeling and mostly daily driving?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the shocks come with the kit, and you're going BDS no matter what, I say try them. If you're happy with them then keep them. If you hate them but have to use them until you have the funds to replace, do that.

The rear shocks aren't difficult to replace, so I wouldn't worry about trying them out. The fronts, I'd want to make sure I have the shocks I want on there as you'd have to redo all aspects of the lift install to swap them out.

IsaiahBarnfield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the right product number for a GREAT front shock that works with a 2" lift? I'm sorry for being such a noob, but It seems like the Blitseins are the same length as stock, should i get a longer one or is this correct?

Also is there a store where I can get the right front shock and the teraflex bump stops from? It just makes it easier to order as much as I can from the same store. I can get hockey pucks later.

Don't worry, I will have a "Truck Guy" friend to help guide me through the install with necessary tools. I just wanna get all the components.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the right product number for a GREAT front shock that works with a 2" lift? I'm sorry for being such a noob, but It seems like the Blitseins are the same length as stock, should i get a longer one or is this correct?

They have to be on the site buried in a thread somewhere - I am running a discontinued Rancho, so I am not hip on the Bilstein numbers. The fronts are same length as stock (at least on the Rancho's), however the rear is longer -you'd use one from a Dakota. Try the Lift FAQ's thread - may be in there?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Also is there a store where I can get the right front shock and the teraflex bump stops from? It just makes it easier to order as much as I can from the same store. I can get hockey pucks later.

Don't worry, I will have a "Truck Guy" friend to help guide me through the install with necessary tools. I just wanna get all the components.

Front shocks are same as stock, there is no longer shock available or needed
Check JeepinByAl for shocks, teraflex bumpstops, extra rear isolators if you need them, top plates for the front, he has pretty much everything you need, one stop shopping