finally, tires arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, let's see.. I didn't have this on my Jeep when I bought it at 7 on odometer, but I guess that's due to the fact that it was outside for a long time, and I was probably much easier on the gas when I had it first..

These just tend to get pulled to sides when I ride over stretch of uneven lines, or straight patches on the pavement. These get affected by that pretty easy, I guess that's due to the tread depth and that oily stuff on them. I noticed some stuff peeling the other day, and it is not spinning when flooring on dry surface anymore. I just spun them senseless on rain today. I kept it floored and it kept spinning, moved for about 20 feet, then I let it go. I am beating the heck outta these tires and will try to put more than 500 miles in the next week to wear that little grease off of them, then will make my judgement if I wanna keep them or not.

Too bad I can't test their snow traction.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 245/70s and didn't notice anything slick on the tires when I bought them over a year ago. They hooked up way better on all surfaces than the stockers on my '05 Sport CRD from the first moment. Have had them on and off road in all conditions, I love them. I routinely go into corners faster than I did on the Goodyears 225/75s with much better traction in all conditions.
Not as nice in mud as the BFG ATs, but they also didn't change my fuel mileage like my buddy who lost between 1 and 1.5 mpg depending on surfaces and he's still running stock size and width.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which tires do you have?

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't we talking about Nokian Vatiivas? I have the 245/70X16 tires on stock Sport alloys, paid $440 out the door mounted, balanced, free flat repair and rotation, mileage warranty last year. Really enjoy them, great in snow, nice and quiet, more sipes than any other tire of it's type I've ever seen.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:
After about 1000 miles with these tires, %50 4x4 and %50 2WD, what a difference. These tires lost that first layer and they are gripping very well. I started taking corners and turns faster, gradually, and these show their ability. It is a bit jumpy since I like to keep them at 36psi cold, but I like them. I already complimented them on their quietness. My only problem is they are bit slow to response, that is probably because of this:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Otherwise, I have to say that there was something on these tires, just like Blake pointed out, which washed away or melted after riding them. I hope I will be glad that I kept them when winter comes.

I also drove through rain last week, they are great on rain. They still get affected by puddles and what not, but they still handle better than goodyears on rain.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hydepin if you notice that there noisier than your previous tyres i think it maybe because there appears to be coins sticking out of the tread blocks ,remove these and i'm pretty certain it'll fix things .

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hyedipin.........nice tires......and from the pic's they excrete money too!! I need some of those.:D

Dave

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online