Finally lifting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great thread.
I've bookmarked it for my future mod.

Do you think you can update your first post w/ links to where you bought your hardware from as well?

Thanks!

Looking forward to a step by step if you're planning to write one up.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The incompetent crooks here had to do mine twice and charged me $80. (The do-over was free, except for the aggravation.)

Well fwiw they did not have to take anything apart.

Super easy way of spreading the clevis.

You must be registered for see images attach

And a baller torque spec list

Liberty Torque Specs

great thread.
I've bookmarked it for my future mod.
Do you think you can update your first post w/ links to where you bought your hardware from as well?
Thanks!
Looking forward to a step by step if you're planning to write one up.

Already done, and I wont be doing a full how to, there's lots of info out there. But I will add some notes that may make things easier.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Well fwiw they did not have to take anything apart...
Neither did my guys. They did manage to forget to put a few parts on anyway. What did they think? That I was dropping off extra stuff just so it wouldn't get lonesome?

Your stuff looks good! :waytogo:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well fwiw they did not have to take anything apart.

Super easy way of spreading the clevis.

And a baller torque spec list

Liberty Torque Specs

Already done, and I wont be doing a full how to, there's lots of info out there. But I will add some notes that may make things easier.

Maybe super easy but have seen a few broken that way as well
I've never had to spread any that we've done here

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the front done. Taking my time and many internet brakes. Nothing too terrible went wrong. Driver side dust boot fell so I am going to have to figure that out. Also am going to replace my endlinks, girls look rough.

Looks like ill be replacing my UCA's again soon under warranty. These were new in march. Moog quality has totally nose dived.

Maybe super easy but have seen a few broken that way as well
I've never had to spread any that we've done here

You know I had not thought of them breaking. I didn't try very hard to get them out otherwise, so this may not have been necessary.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the jeeps been in the air a few days now. Front is 100% done, one of my sway links was seized so I decided to replace them both. Rear is ready to go, I think. Curious if removing that center bolt above the diff is 100% necessary though. I was able to get the bolt out, but for the life of me cant get the upper control arm out of the clevis. I see some people use compressors on the springs instead. Is there a preferred method?

Only reason i'm not done yet is the rear springs have yet to arrive. I may have 6 hours into the job as of now, including the pesky sway links.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So the jeeps been in the air a few days now. Front is 100% done, one of my sway links was seized so I decided to replace them both. Rear is ready to go, I think. Curious if removing that center bolt above the diff is 100% necessary though. I was able to get the bolt out, but for the life of me cant get the upper control arm out of the clevis. I see some people use compressors on the springs instead. Is there a preferred method?

Only reason i'm not done yet is the rear springs have yet to arrive. I may have 6 hours into the job as of now, including the pesky sway links.

Are you installing the tri link extender? Didn't take time to go back through and see why you are removing those bolts
I always remove the whole bracket, just 3 bolts then you get it out where you can work on it better
No need for rear springs to be compressed , with sway bar removed you can jack up one side and should give enough room

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you installing the tri link extender? Didn't take time to go back through and see why you are removing those bolts
I always remove the whole bracket, just 3 bolts then you get it out where you can work on it better
No need for rear springs to be compressed , with sway bar removed you can jack up one side and should give enough room

No extender. So everything on the diff should be able to stay put?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No extender. So everything on the diff should be able to stay put?

Yes for the rear
remove shocks,
remove sway bar and throw it away
remove springs
drill holes center of the spring pad for the bumpstops
install new springs
then new bumpstops
then next the shocks
about it unless you have an 06-7
then need to make a bracket for the brake lines to drop them down 3 inches

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. Sways out, center mount bolt back in, pucks in place (loosely). Should maybe be 30 minutes tomorrow before she's on the ground.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her back on the ground. Everything else in the rear went perfect. Thanks to everyone for the help! Updated first post with before and after pics.

Latest posts

Members online