finally lifted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the frankenlift installed along with tires, light bar, bumper & CB radio. After that I decided to wrap it in digital camo. Finally got around to taking some pics so here they are. Please let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• jeep2.jpg
    jeep2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 157

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, real good!!! Now you need a winch and you can compete with M&P40 in a tug-o-war.

Any pics of the CB and antenna mount???

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I live in Eldersburg Maryland. I will post some more pics now that the weather has broke. I put the CB antena behind the passenger side rear door. Will post some pics. Any good suggestions on a winch that will fit inside my bumper?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with our AZ Chapter of Jeep KJ Country winch guru, M&P40. He has the same ARB bumber as you and has a great set up....

You must be registered for see images attach

hawaiianbasshead

Reaction score
nice I like camo :D ...

so, do you guys get bored and tie a winch to **** to just test your winch or something? doesn't look like either of those libbies could be stuck :lol:

hawaiianbasshead

Reaction score

I am just guessing that in the last pictures they were using a winch to move the tree out of the way.

I thought of that too, but I think I could take my truck around it, and a KJ is quite a bit smaller so I was guessing to accomplish something he used the winch just to use it? unless it gets alot skinnier on the left than it looked in the pix? just figured I'd start an OT ramble about his use of a winch... if I had a winch I'd do some pretty odd things with it just to play with it lol3.gif but maybe it's just a truck guy mentality getting to me. I'm kinda new to thinking like a jeeper. I had a WJ but got rid of it. didn't like it too much, but I've been toying with getting my wife a KJ so thus I ran a search for liberty forums and ended up here :D

eh, pulling it toward the tree there, now I see it :D

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the frankenlift installed along with tires, light bar, bumper & CB radio. After that I decided to wrap it in digital camo. Finally got around to taking some pics so here they are. Please let me know what you guys think.

Wow, that came out real nice. Awesome looking job. Nice and unique.

Dave

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought of that too, but I think I could take my truck around it, and a KJ is quite a bit smaller so I was guessing to accomplish something he used the winch just to use it? unless it gets alot skinnier on the left than it looked in the pix? just figured I'd start an OT ramble about his use of a winch... if I had a winch I'd do some pretty odd things with it just to play with it lol3.gif but maybe it's just a truck guy mentality getting to me. I'm kinda new to thinking like a jeeper. I had a WJ but got rid of it. didn't like it too much, but I've been toying with getting my wife a KJ so thus I ran a search for liberty forums and ended up here :D

eh, pulling it toward the tree there, now I see it :D

Ok, maybe i'm just bored but I made a game of this picture (been reading sherlock holmes lately) and have come up with a theory. They could not be stuck since there is no mud or anything visible to get stuck in. So they must be using the winch to move the tree not using the tree to move themselves.

First attempt to move the tree it appears they used an axe to try and chop off part of the tree and decided this would be too much work as they have abondoned the axe in the unfinished hacked tree.

Second attempt is what you see in the picture. However with the current setup they could have only moved the tree at most a foot because that is the length left in the cable before it hits the joint. There is no sign of ground disturbance and the axe shavings are right beside the tree so it does not look like it has been dragged yet.

So, on the third attempt they would have had to move the chain closer to the end of the tree to increase the length of the cable before the joint or tie off to a different tree that is farther away.

They probably did all that because they just don't want the tree to block part of their trail even though they could sneak by it. Also the trail may veer off to our right so part of the tree that we do not see is blocking the path there also.

Elementary my dear watson! If you have another theory feel free to share it.idea.gif

05kj6spd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look bad. I would change the grill colors though. Either wrap it in camo or paint it black.