Fiancee's Kj Kissed the Gaurd Rail.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, It finally happen to us. She was heading home last nite and lost control of her 02 KJ on short Curved Bridge that was covered with thin Ice and smashed into the Gaurd Rail right after the bridge. She's okay though Thank god. :D She's just a bit shook up from all of it because if she should have gone through the gaurd rail she would have gone down a 30 foot hill. She slid side ways into the gaurd rail in an angle that allowed the whole front bumper to make contact at once and bounced her back off. There is very little damage to the KJ. only needs a new bumper, blinker, fog light and maybe a new grille if the bottom clips for they didn't break off. I went to the crash site to help her. I drove the KJ home and there was no problem with it. I'm truly impressed on How well the KJ the took the hit b/c the gaurd rail is easily pushed a foot back.

She wasn't the only on that had bad luck there. at the same time a big chevy passanger van caught the same ice and did gove over the Gaurd rail about 50ft infront of her. no was hurt either.

I'm just soo happy she is okay. We just bought a house last week and getting married in 6 months. I don't know what I'd do with out her..
I'll try to get some pics when she takes them.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spend all the time you can with loved ones... They can be taken away when you least expect it..

Glad shes ok and the jeep is good to go.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad to hear she’s okay. It takes a load off your mind when you realize your driving a tough vehicle :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad she is ok.

Dave

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey TBJ, if cheifrudy doesnt want that bumper cover could you PM me, i ruined mine in my crash in october and im still lookin for a replacement

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Boone, ThunderbirdJunkie will be in K-zoo for a few days, 18th-20th...would give him a good excuse to...uh....get the hell out :D

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THanks for all the support guys. :D

She doesn't have the wranglers. I forget what her garage put on but they do have a good tread and are new. what got her was she over corrected and the highways here a freshly paved black top and with them being wet she just kept going. Even in a quick rain the highway becomes slick. They got paved a month ago and since then there has been 6 accidents in the same area she had hers. THe Gaurd rail she wacked was just replaced a few days ago. Penndot has gotta be pissed lol. Specially since the other vehicle took out about 50ft of it.

Shes had the Jeep since the spring and this is her first SUV. I don't think shes adjusted to the top heavy vehicle yet. I think her KJ might even be a Pre-lowered KJ b/c it looks to sit higher than my 06.

Thanks for the bumper offers but the Kj is already going into the body shop so No need for it.

Last edited: