Few Problems with the Lib

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

millian

Reaction score
My 2003 Limited has a few issues, most are minor problems but some can be frustrating.
Recently I noticed both my driverside running light in the front and rear stopped working. I checked the fuses and replaced the bulbs and nothing changed. Don't know if any of you ran into this problem.

Remote entry or startup does not always work(rarely ever works). Whenever I press the unlock button, the horns will beep and sometimes it unlocks, but it usually does not.

Driverside seat warmer does not work, but passenger does. The switch has no lights on, unlike the passenger side. I do not even know where to begin to try to fix this.

Don't even get me started on the gas mileage and misfires. Get a check engine light quite often for misfires and get 12 mpg city driving, which I do not drive that hard :) ...

I do not know if any of you have encountered any of these problems, but any ideas are welcome.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
Ok so we are talking the drives side or Left Tail lamp & front park light.
Does the brake lights work in the back both sides? Also 4 way hazards, check what happens?
The fuse is #7 inside the cabin, at kick panel. I like to check fuses with a VOM/continuity check only, some of these small fuses are hard to see blown.
Is there power getting to the sockets (lights on) use VOM. Sockets need to be clean.
I had one that was corroded up front and a little contact cleaner/emery cloth got it working again.
I was scratching my head on this one too, as was very fine corrosion, that caused the problem with the bulb not making a proper connection in z socket.

Next remote entry firstly is the battery in the FOB testing correct voltage?
Is this a factory or after market remote starter?

Seat warmer, not for me butt anyways lol..refer to the Factory manual for more information link: http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2003JeepKJServiceManual.pdf

Misfires the Jeep wants new spark plugs every 25 k miles and only use...
61559[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Using a code reader, what cylinder/s are throwing the misfires?
Start with the spark plugs, then onto moving the coil packs around and see if codes moves, but we can talk about that once we know which cylinders are effected.
Fuel mileage...ya it's a heavier vehicle, and not a light weight Honda but don't feel bad mine gets 15MPG on the highway!
Join the club..need a sticker LOL?
61561[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

:gr_grin:

Attachments

• fnAK15T.jpg
    fnAK15T.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
  • faoSvCG.jpg
    faoSvCG.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 0