Few Changes made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i went out on a whim and got a JVC head unit and man i love it. it has tons of features and the picture quality is among the best I've seen it looks like a baby plasma screen there are many connections coming from the rear of the H/U including a Sub woofer plug to allow you to change a few settings dealing with the woofer :phase and level" to be exact. i bypass the emergency brake dvd blocker by Grounding the E-brake wire to the Ground wire out of the back of the head unit and now i can play dvd's any time next will come the overhead screen or rear seat monitor.

I also went ahead and go the Infinity Bass link powered sub box (thanks for recommending this 06liberty) This thing is a WOW factor i got it tuned in pretty good to where the servo light only blinks on when it hits a deep deep bass note and man i tell you it is 1000% Satisfaction to my bass needs and it took up minimal room in the cargo area i love it. they won't hear you coming 10 blocks away but you may pull off 1 block LOL the guy next to you at the light will know you have something in there. Plain and Simple it HITS and it makes for a nice clean install

i give infinity and JVC a big =D>

The Alpine speakers aren't installed yet it is yucky outside and i already got my seat dirty (don't have any clue how to clean although i read something about windex and let air dry)

You must be registered for see images

2003KJ

Reaction score
Moved it to electronics....but i'm toying with the notion of moving it to product reviews.... :-k

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new toys! I knew you'd love that Basslink, for the size you can't beat it. I like the HU too, but I'd probably wreck trying to watch it.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06Liberty said:
Congratulations on the new toys! I knew you'd love that Bass link, for the size you can't beat it. I like the HU too, but I'd probably wreck trying to watch it.

yeah you definitely can't watch it while driving but it has a dimming mode that you can turn on and it kinda dims the movie but the rear seat monitor will still be good i have a 3y/o and 1 on the way so this will get me to grandmas house and back peacefully lol.... but the bass link is kick ****!!!!! \:D/

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good!! i almost bought one of those infinity baselinks for my liberty but got my old sub and stuff back from my friend

i love that headunit, it it a brand new model? ive never seen it, i like it that lot. i have had 2 different jvc headunits and never had a problem, i love jvc.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea that head unit is the newer one, i almost bought the previous line of JVC.. ALMOST, then stuck with kenwood.

Hey, no installation pictures of the basslink. #-o

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
yea that head unit is the newer one, i almost bought the previous line of JVC.. ALMOST, then stuck with kenwood.

well i wasn't expecting the installation to go so fast honestly i went to lowes grabbed a small piece of wood then and jig saw and i place the bass link on it to see how wide the wood needed to be and i made the cut.

i had the thin carpet left over from a previous project. I stapled the edges after tightly pulling the carpet around the wood.Sprayed a "spray glue" on the top side and pressed and continued stapling.

Place the wood in the cargo area marked a spot over the security laches and drilled a small hole. Ran a couple of zip ties through the holes to keep the wood steady.

i then placed the bass link on the wood secured it with the 4 provided screws and bada bing it's there.

i ran all the wires along the right side of the vehicle under the door sills. the only part i'm not satisfied with is the power wire i couldn't find a spot under the jeep to bring in the power wire so you can see about 4 to 6 inches when i open the drivers door b/c i brought it in the door crack and the fuse panel then ran it back to the bass link. i found a great ground under the back door screw used a number 10 socket and took off one of the screws that holds the swinging door and placed the ground around the screw and sent it back in and it it bare metal and instant ground. hope that helps if not i will see what i can do

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know when u open the tailgate and on the left theres that vent at the bottom of the left side panel? well i ran my ground for my sub through that. u gotta pop off the back of the panel the slightest bit and i bolted the ground to the tailgate-stop latch. but it looks clean because the wire goes right into the vents.

and the power wire from the battery. if you remove the left side kick panel by the hoodlatch release, then peel back the carpet and that little rubber/foam on the firewall, you will see a small like 1 1/2" x 1" or so black plug ALL the way to the left, if you look hard you will see it under the dash. i drilled a small hole through that, ran the wire through, put the little grommet in it that came with my wiring kit and then siliconed up tight around that, even those it was already a tight fit

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:

I didn't take any pics of my install either, but really it's just connecting some wires and mounting it to a piece of wood with carpet on it, pretty easy stuff. I'll thank Bennett for that idea.....thanks, Bennett! \:D/

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06Liberty said:
hyedipin said:

I didn't take any pics of my install either, but really it's just connecting some wires and mounting it to a piece of wood with carpet on it, pretty easy stuff. I'll thank Bennett for that idea.....thanks, Bennett! \:D/

don't know bennet but i thanked you i got the wood idea from you lol...as far as the ground goes i happy with the appearance it is behind the back left wall. i will try the power wire on a warmer day. I did install the alpine speakers in the rear doors today and man you can really tell the difference you can high all the words and the high pitch sounds i was surprised at the ******* stock speakers they cheeped all the way out with those paper speakers i will do the front when it warms back up as well i will wash it up and snap a pic of the spare tire cover i have a black molded one with silver JEEP on it i like it alot i even had a guy on I95 flagging me down to ask where i got it and i replied EBAY!!!! @ about 70mph lol

here are a few pics the bottom screw i took complety off and put it through the eyelid of my ground wire and screwed back in. and the blue wire you see i will try to hide using the method mentioned above.

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thats the same nut i attached my ground to. i just ran the ground wire through the bottom slot in that vent in that pic, to that nut

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine to the driver's side rear seat leg bolt. Just took the bolt holding the seat leg in place and put my ground wire in there and then put the bolt back in place.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone post a video of their sound system, with the sound.. Maybe one with the doors closed from outside, for us to hear how it sounds!

maddawg, black ice rules! :) i got it as well

Latest posts

Members online