Fender replacement anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSJ Ralph

Reaction score
I bought a painted fender on eBay for $219 total, and all the necessary rivets, pins, and clips from the stealership. Now I have to figure out how to get this job done.

I hit two dear at once on the way to a Halloween party. Not too much damage, just creased the LF fender a bit and cracked the turn signal lens.

So, has anyone replaced a fender on the Libby? Just want to hear from someone who's done it, before I dive in to the great unknown!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol 2 deer to once, good shot! The best way to do it is to drill all the old rivets out. Dont drill to deep and not to big! sometimes you can just pry them out with a screw driver and not worry about the drilling. You will need a rivet gun, and ive never done this before, just throwing things at you. \:D/

Did you kill them? everyone always wants to know if the deer died? did you throw them in the back?

FSJ Ralph

Reaction score
No, didn't kill anyone. One of the deer was crippled, however. It was about 5:30 AM and my (now former) girlfriend and I were driving to Montrose, Colorado, for Masters Swimming practice. After hitting the dear, I circled back and asked if she had her pistol with her. She looked at me as if I were somewhere between stupid and crazy to ask such a thing, at that time of the morning, given the purpose of our travel.

For some months prior to this, I'd taken up a habit of honking and flashing my lights at deer, thinking I was helping to condition them to fear cars. Wroooooooong! The deer on this particular morning jumped in front of me rather than run away. The conditioned me, a newly learned behavior: leave them the f*** alone!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are still alive and a leg is broke or something. Just put it in R and floor if and back to D and have at it again. Takes care of that problem! Might want skids though. :-s

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
Its easy as pie...the RF is actually more to do because of the antenna.