feel stupid, headlight hell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing something simple and putting in silver star ultra replacement bulbs... Got them clipped on but can't get either side to turn clockwise and lock into place. They jumped out easy but are refusing to lock in turning clockwise..... What am I doing wrong? They're h13 bulbs

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make absolutely sure the light is seated in the headlight housing before trying to turn and lock. Ive had issues with other cars where the gasket on the new bulb is larger/thicker than the bulb I took out, and it was a struggle to get the bulb to seat AND turn at the same time. I remember having to push a little harder than I thought necessary to make it work.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the issue ignore this post, if you purchase silver star ultras there's a small foam sealent ring you will have to pop out

LKWJeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the future it is a million times easier to remove the headlight housings to add the new bulbs. My oem lights came with a red sealant ring.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, ya I was lazy and didn't move anything and had to carefully fight my way around. I wonder why my OEMS had no sealent