Fatboy Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flyingwen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A popular swap for the Wranglers is the IPF Fatboy conversion with the H4 110/80 watt bulb. Has anyone tried to do this conversion on the KJ?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, same here in MN, thats why i went with additional driving lights which are allowed if installed correctly.

Flyingwen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Illegal in my state, probably many others too.

Yep, same here in MN, thats why i went with additional driving lights which are allowed if installed correctly.

Just fine here in AZ. I allready have a set of LightForce 170's and have the fogs too.
You must be registered for see images attach

Just need more light for the night trail runs.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Another swap for the '02-04 factory fogs is using F150(2002-2004) high beam bulbs at 65 watts each. I have them in my stock fogs, and the light is waaaaay better than the stock 55watt bulbs.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
KJ924 do you have a bulb number for that swap?

I'll get it tomorrow. Can't remember off the top of my head now.

You will have to trim at least 1 of the ears a bit to get them to fit it properly...just really gentle snip an edge 1/16 at a time till it fits the foglight hole and twists in snug.

Really lights up the sides of the ditch nice....had many deer and moose where I used to live. :eek:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Street Legal limits on lights are 65w high, and 55w low. hated when that changed and i was still running 55w/35w lights back in the day... everybody seemed like they had their brights on. now if you see an old rig with those old lights, you wonder if it's alternator went out, but they were as bright as the law allowed back then. Also, most states, if not all, the law is no more than 4 driving lights turned on at a time. Older 4 headlight systems would have 4 headlights on in high position, so you couldn't legaly run with auxilary lights on too, so, it became normal for factory auxilary lights to only work when in the low position so you wouldn't exceed the 4 driving lights on. is johnny law gonna come down on you, probably not if they aren't blinding anyone

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I wouldnt mind finding those lights.

They sell the lights, but you would have to make a spacer ring for the outside of that projector headlamp assembly to get it to fit the KJ.

That headlight looks strangely familiar.

You must be registered for see images

Too bad they don't have "Wally's" cruising down the streets at night...
Then you'd have a supply of after market headlights!