faster blinker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know those faster signal blinkers, make the other driver look like he is rushing or makes you uncomfortable?
How do they do it? do they add a repeater or something or pull a fuse, replace it with another one?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Faster blinkers are a sign of a problem. If you have a bulb that's gone out or a flasher solenoid that's on its way out, they will flash fast.

You can try it with your Jeep. Pull the bulb out of one of the rear turn signals and then go cut the signal on in the direction of the one you pulled out. You'll notice it's blinking fast.

Then both the front and rear signals work, like I said it often means that the flasher solenoid it's on its way out....however, it can also mean you have a short in wire somewhere....but thats usually not the case.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It's also a way for a quick ticket. \:D/ Cops know what a fast blinker means... tee hee... and people wonder why they get pulled over, lol.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a law that limits higher bpm? (blink per minute) :)

Thanks Tim, that's what I thought, since my uncle told me his F250 signal was acting like it was hyper the other day, then the light went out completely, we swapped the signals and it was all normal.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you change your bulbs for LED bulbs, it'll blink faster. A lot of guys who switch to aftermarket tails/sidemarkers/front signals buy LED bulbs to be "extra cool". My friend did it with his Ford Focus. You might never realize it until you do it, but the faster "clicking" will drive you insane. My friend was back to regular bulbs after a month.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
4Factor said:
If you change your bulbs for LED bulbs, it'll blink faster. A lot of guys who switch to aftermarket tails/sidemarkers/front signals buy LED bulbs to be "extra cool". My friend did it with his Ford Focus. You might never realize it until you do it, but the faster "clicking" will drive you insane. My friend was back to regular bulbs after a month.

I don't think all LED's will do that. Maybe wrong voltage? I saw a few people swap to LED s and thy were fine. I was thinking of getting much brighter front turn signals since the ones I have may not be bright enough.

Enos316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to my KJ a few weeks ago, along with some other weird electrical problems (brakes were acting like turn signals, rear lights went out when brake was applied, etc).

Turned out it was a loose grounding wire, but man was it annoying while it lasted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.