Fast Blinker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all of a sudden this morning my left Blinker goes like 3 times as fast as it should. I need to solve this problem as soon as possible due too a trip I am taking with my Jeep in October.

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my 4 ways on to check if they all worked and they do and when I do that the left side doesn't blink fast like it does when I just turn on my left blinker. I couldn't check my brake lights all by myself, so i will do that later.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the front/back and left blinker bulbs. One of them should be blown. The fast blinker is the way they let you know one is blown.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, if one of the lights is down on the blinker, the rest will blink faster. Seen that on our F250. Not yet on my KJ.

As for the blinker noise, can't we silence it a bit!? It drives me crazy when I double park and have to use hazards

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the front/back and left blinker bulbs. One of them should be blown. The fast blinker is the way they let you know one is blown.

are the hazard differnent bulbs because I pt my hazard on and they all worked.

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I will have to give a closer look later whenI am out of work.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
one for parking light one for blinker. when it is blinking (when parking light is on) only one will blink, other wont, you will see the one that doesn't blink losing current to the one that does.

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so I dont know what is going on when I left work it was blinking really fast when I got home it was still. We went to go have a cook out and go swimming and it still was, but when we went to leave it was normal. SO what ever was wrong fixed its self.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front blinkers alternate between corner and side marker light on '02-'04 liberties for both turn signal and hazards. Can't speak for other model years.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have a short in the bulb connection. If it's blinking fast jump out (as long as you are stopped) and look in the front and rear. One of them will not be working.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just turn your ignition ON with the engine not running and do a stationary light check (left turn signal, right turn signal, hazards) and check your lights all around.

SoDakJeep

Reaction score
On My Cavailer I Had The Same Probelm. The Little Clip Where The Light Clipped Into Was Bad And Wasnt Making Proper Connection. I Took It Off Cleaned It Out And Pushed The Little Metal Tabs Back Where They Should Be Problem Solved....

WoodysKJ

Reaction score
Check the wiring harness leading to the turn signal/parking lamp. They share a ground wire. If that ground is off, broken or cut in any way then that will cause the flasher to run fast as you mentioned. It will also cause the parking lamp to blink in place of the turnsignal lamp. Sounds weird i know.

When I installed my ARB Bull Bar, the turn signals needed to be wired to the factory harness. The ground on my left side came undone and cause this very problem. Not a big deal to fix.