Fast Blinker Issue Came Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the fast blinker (on the right turn) issue came up on my 03 Libby this morning. It was OK yesterday.

After some quick research here, I checked the bulbs, and sure enough the main bulb in the right front is not working. I had checked it earlier and saw the side bulb working on the front right so thought it was good. But after the research where someone mentioned there are two bulbs on each side in the front I rechecked and sho'nuff I found it.

Just wanted to relate that.

Now, I have all kinds of 1156's and 1157's all the old style, so with everything "new & improved", I am sure the base of the bulb must be a bayonet or plastic base, anyone know? I surmise it would still be a 1157 of some type. Thanks in advance.

Ok, I answered my own question, it is now a LMP3157 or LMP3157LL, found on the NAPA online site. From what I remember from years ago, 3157 used to signify a heavy duty truck (semi) bulb, LMP must mean the base style. LL just means Long Life.

valvestem

Last edited:

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Was gonna say check your Blinker Fluid but i dont want to get the guys in a Kaleco Frenzy and its already sold out. :D

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Was gonna say check your Blinker Fluid but i dont want to get the guys in a Kaleco Frenzy and its already sold out. :D

And man I need some Blinker Fluid! :D
You must be registered for see images attach

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed Itself

I went out after work yesterday and the bulb had fixed itself. WTF, now really screwing wid my brain! BTW, the blinker fluid was full-first thing I checked.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you getting any severe climate changes, ie frost in the morning, condensation, etc.? does strange things to vehicles when they sit

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you getting any severe climate changes, ie frost in the morning, condensation, etc.? does strange things to vehicles when they sit

I live in Maine-heat on in the morning, air-conditioning running in the afternoon. Complete with dew on everything in the morning. 30-40 degree temperature swings.

But, with all that, it has never done it before.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strange....it is probably a bad contact at the bulb base if it is suddenly working ok?? Maybe .....I would just see if it does it again, and if so, replace the bulb.

Dave

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange....it is probably a bad contact at the bulb base if it is suddenly working ok?? Maybe .....I would just see if it does it again, and if so, replace the bulb.

Dave

That is what I was thinking too Dave. When she goes again, I'll open up the unit and check it over. Thanks

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol!!

"Blinks harder, faster, longer..."

How hard did it blink to begin with.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the filament will move around once its blown and appear to be ok but its not.

I do not believe the base on the bulb is plastic on the kj's front turn signal bulbs. The spot where it plugs in is though.