Falken Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reposting my response from LOST
---------------
My buddy put a set of the Wild Peaks on his GM 1500 shown below. He has had them for a few months now. They are wearing great for him. Great traction on and off road too. I was leery of them at first, but after seeing them, they look to be a good quality tire. Great price for his 20's from Discount Tire too.

You must be registered for see images

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look to me like most any "generic" AT tire
if price is right and you need tires I see no reason why not

That being said let me side note this
I drive an '09 F250 weighing in at a hefty 9K # ,+/- a few hundred
I have 28K on Firestone Transforce AT's and they show the same wear as another truck
close to the same weight with 1/2 the miles
my point is that they should easily go 60K
same basic truck ,fleet trucks, with G/Y Prograde AT-S and 20K he may get 40K
if he is lucky so you can never tell

Manny 1

Reaction score
I have the High country I just put them on two days ago. On the street they seem to ride nice but I haven't been off road with them yet but I will know next weekend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responds guys, I'm trying to decide whether to get these or stick to the Destination A/T's.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Those Falken tires look pretty good.
The truck pictured on the other hand...

Reposting my response from LOST
---------------
My buddy put a set of the Wild Peaks on his GM 1500 shown below. He has had them for a few months now. They are wearing great for him. Great traction on and off road too. I was leery of them at first, but after seeing them, they look to be a good quality tire. Great price for his 20's from Discount Tire too.

...Look disproportionate on that truck.
Not enough sidewall and too much space between the tires and the bottom of the fender.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea how their truck tires are, but I had a set of very low profile when they 1st started selling them in the US - compared well with the Pirellis I had on the same. Also had them on another sedan. Those were both well made, would not hesitate to at least look at them..

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally bought some tires, but not these. I ended up picking up some Duratracs for a little less thanks to a $40.00 rebate!

guitarzan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the High Country's on my KJ for about 30 something thousand miles now. They're wearing ok. I'm probably at 50% tread. They were cheap and I didn't expect to get this much out of them. When I first put them on they were pretty quiet for ATs.

The wet traction is pretty good. They're GREAT in snow. Not too great in mud. They clog up fast.

I noticed about 3 mpg drop with I put the 245/70/16's over the stock Goodyear junkers. But they are heavier so that's to be expected.

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're junk. When my (now fiance) and I started dating, I noted her tires were dry rotted, so she went and got new ones with minimal involvement from me. About a year later she needed tires again due to dry rot, so her dad put tires on the car again. A year later, once again her tires were dry rotted. By now, I was partially supporting her, so when I examined her paperwork, I noted all three sets of tires were Falkens, all had less than 10k miles on them when they were replaced due to dry rot. Tire Kingdom was very helpful and replaced the tires with a new set at zero cost to us. We went with Tire Kingdom's house brand tire, which I don't usually go with, but they turned out to be excellent. She had them about a year and a half before trading the car in on her Liberty, and the tires looked brand new still. It was a '99 Saturn SL1, by the way.

A friend of mine drives a Dodge Durango, and put oversize tires on his factory wheels. They lasted about a year, though I'm not sure how many miles it was. They were Falkens, and he bought a second set of tires, and about six months later, the belts snapped on one of the tires, and it bulged.

Needless to say, I'd never put Falkens on my car. On the other hand, I've never had a problem with Michelin or BF Goodrich. Even Costco's house brand is made by Michelin and an excellent value.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my tire put on, Duratrac 245-75-16's:

You must be registered for see images attach

I think I'm gonna love these!

FalkeNes

Reaction score
They're junk. When my (now fiance) and I started dating, I noted her tires were dry rotted, so she went and got new ones with minimal involvement from me. About a year later she needed tires again due to dry rot, so her dad put tires on the car again. A year later, once again her tires were dry rotted. By now, I was partially supporting her, so when I examined her paperwork, I noted all three sets of tires were Falkens, all had less than 10k miles on them when they were replaced due to dry rot. Tire Kingdom was very helpful and replaced the tires with a new set at zero cost to us. We went with Tire Kingdom's house brand tire, which I don't usually go with, but they turned out to be excellent. She had them about a year and a half before trading the car in on her Liberty, and the tires looked brand new still. It was a '99 Saturn SL1, by the way.

A friend of mine drives a Dodge Durango, and put oversize tires on his factory wheels. They lasted about a year, though I'm not sure how many miles it was. They were Falkens, and he bought a second set of tires, and about six months later, the belts snapped on one of the tires, and it bulged.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Falken Tires. I work for them and strongly believe in our product. If you visit our site you will notice that the majority of our tires have strong mileage warranties and we even offer a 30 day ride guarantee on most tires, because we know our product works!

Here is a video I shot of our company JK putting our WildPeak A/T tires to the test at Moab; we would not put our reputation on the line in front of hundreds, even thousands of consumers unless we believed in our product. The trail is Pritchett Canyon one of the toughest in Moab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTZS3bFkCWE

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have a bad experience with Falken...I had three. I am completely bewildered why three sets of tires would dry rot in about a year to a year and a half a set, but they did. I don't know enough about my buddy's situation to make much of a statement, other then him always ******** about them, and me discovering the tire that came apart internally. Warranties are meaningless if you have a blowout at 75 and roll your car, so I'll stick with tires I have faith in. Sorry if I'm coming across rude, it's definitely not directed towards you.

guitarzan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've got to add this as a revision to my last post in this thread. I said my High Country's had about 50% tread. Well.....

I went in for a rotation again today. The guy came in and said I probably should be planning on another set of tires soon. That they were ok for now, but I only had about 3/32 tread on the fronts and just a tad more on the back. I couldn't believe it! He took me out in the shop and we measured the tread. Sure enough. They've really gone away pretty quick the older they've gotten. That's a LOT less than I thought just by a quick glance at them.

BTW, I had them check the alignment while I was there and it was fine.

I'm not unhappy about the Falken's. I didn't pay nearly as much for them as I would have for most other brands. Truth be told, I usually trade and swap cars quite a bit. This was the first KJ, or Jeep product, I've owned and wasn't sure if I'd keep it. So I didn't want to drop large coin on something I was probably going to trade off in a 1 1/2- 2 years. So the Falken's have done fantastic in the winter when I really needed them. They were good in the rain, I was really surprised there. And I got out of them what I expected, but I didn't set the bar very high.

Now that I know I'm keeping this KJ for a while in a couple months I'm probably going to get a set of Michelin LTX MS 2's. If there as good as the LTX's I had on my old 4 Runner I'll be plenty darn happy.