Factory Remote Start programming help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailrabbit

Reaction score
Hi Jeep/forum noob here,

I just bought a 2005 Liberty Sport 4x4 for a second vehicle, mostly for a hunting and off road toy. It came with a factory Mopar remote start but the guy didn't have the remotes. I called the dealer and gave them the VIN and they sold me a single button Mopar remote that should be the correct one for the truck. Basically when you follow the procedure everything seems to be going as planned (3 blinks but no horn), then when you hit the remote button to confirm the new remote, the truck does not respond (no horn OR blinkers).

a few minutes ago I download a different version of the manual for a dodge ram and noticed it had an extra note...

"Note: If horn does not sound when the lights
flash (or sounds inconsistently) turn “off” option 7 in option bank #1.
See section “2. Option Programming”."

I guess my actual question here is, if they had option 7 set to silence the horn will it prevent a new remote from being programmed? In order to change the options you need an already programmed remote to do so. SO i guess I would be out of luck...?

Thanks for any help.