Factory Auto-Start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04 Silver Renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought my KJ last week and still trying to get familiar with it. (Being that it's the first one I've owned.)
I was locking the doors with the OEM Keyless entry and I hit the Lock button 3 times and it auto-started. I had NO IDEA about this feature.
Here is my question...Is this is stock feature or did I just get lucky? :D
And if it is a stock feature, how long does the motor run for before it shuts itself down??

For all of you guys who don't know about this...Try it with yours and see if it works.....And post here with your results.......

Thanks in advance for your responses....

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought my KJ last week and still trying to get familiar with it. (Being that it's the first one I've owned.)
I was locking the doors with the OEM Keyless entry and I hit the Lock button 3 times and it auto-started. I had NO IDEA about this feature.
Here is my question...Is this is stock feature or did I just get lucky? :D
And if it is a stock feature, how long does the motor run for before it shuts itself down??

For all of you guys who don't know about this...Try it with yours and see if it works.....And post here with your results.......

Thanks in advance for your responses....

Doesn't work on my 06...
I will have to try my sisters 03, but i don't think it will.

04 Silver Renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check under you dash....below the steering wheel!

Yea i'll check in the morning. Not a big fan of taking apart the KJ in the dark even though I have plenty of flashlights LoL. I've seen other posts about this but was just interested if it was an option from Jeep....

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Well the only thing you do is pull out on the thing to open it! and idk if it is or not!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was another guy on here a while back that found out his had this also, the kid was playing with the fob and started the KJ.

His was an aftermarket box under the dash wired to the lock actuator motor wiring. When it sees three pushes of the lock then it starts the engine and runs it for a selectable time, 10-15 minutes i think he could set it to. Anyway he found the added box and the manufacturer info on it and tracked down a manual online.

Its aftermarket i guarantee it. Its possible a dealer installed it but Jeep never made this as a factory option that i know of.

04 Silver Renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was another guy on here a while back that found out his had this also, the kid was playing with the fob and started the KJ.

His was an aftermarket box under the dash wired to the lock actuator motor wiring. When it sees three pushes of the lock then it starts the engine and runs it for a selectable time, 10-15 minutes i think he could set it to. Anyway he found the added box and the manufacturer info on it and tracked down a manual online.

Its aftermarket i guarantee it. Its possible a dealer installed it but Jeep never made this as a factory option that i know of.

Cool Thanks for that info. I am going to check under the steering column in the morning. I'll keep u guys updated...