Intelligent starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey D

Reaction score
Had my 3.7 a few years. It has issues before where after driving I would shut it off go in the store and it would take a long time to get the engine to fire. But if I left it sit say 1/2 hour it would start right up. Then it would start normally no matter what for a stretch. Then another spell where it wouldn't start after driving and while still hot for about 20 mins. Now it pretty much quit starting all together but occasionally I'll try it and it's start fine, drive normally, park it, and won't start again. Now it mostly won't start. Sometimes it seems like it better or worse in different weather conditions also. 4 seasons here. Anyone have similar issues?

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must check the fuel pressure.... In the first crank in the morning does it start?

Joey D

Reaction score
Depends, it was starting no matter what after sitting for maybe 15-20 mins. Sometimes starting normally no matter what. Starter went out replaced that, soon after stopped starting but occasionally does. When it starts it runs fine, normal, no issues, no codes. I don't think replacing starter has anything to do with it.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this problem with my previous Libby.... It didn't crank in rare cases. Somebody in this forum adviced to add an extra ground from battery to engine. I did it in the alternator , and it really worked for me.