External GPS mounting question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'd like to get a external brand GPS (not RB1 or RB4)
But I'd like to mount it in a more "solid" way, rather than those suction cup mounts or bean bag mounts.
I'm not totally against using nuts and bolts to the vent trim, but I want it to look somewhat professional and clean. I really don't want it to move on the trail.
I'm thinking about one of the flat backed designs, with power cord running from the bottom or right side of the device for ease of powering.
Any suggestions, pics of your mounting or what?

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauntedyards said:

Thanks. I contacted the proclip people yesterday asking for measurements, they're all out. And still waiting.
And the radio area mount would be great if my gal didn't cross her leg and would potentionally scrape her leg on the device if it was there. I don't believe you can flip it, reversing it to the other side.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just based on what I see from the online photos she would hit it with her foot.
If someone has a photo of a garmin or magellan or whatever attached to the radio area mounting, so I can gauge size, that would be helpful.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall Bennett having the proclip but I don't understand which part number is for the one that goes under the center bezel. The vehicle specific brackets bring up one that hangs from the dash.

resipsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one? (Proclip Item No. 852969)

You must be registered for see images

Or this one? (Proclip Item No. 833472)

You must be registered for see images

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but neither. The one that was in the picture 2 posts up from mine - I have seen it used by several other people, as well. I have the Garmin Nuvi 660...find that holster is easy enough. It's that stupid under the radio bezel bracket.

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
heck, use both. the prefabbed dash mount from "Proclip" and then attach the mount you already have for your GPS to the Proclip. It's plastic. Drill a couple of holes with tiny screws or self adhesive velcro so you can pull it out for security or non-vehicle use.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
Thanks, but neither. The one that was in the picture 2 posts up from mine - I have seen it used by several other people, as well. I have the Garmin Nuvi 660...find that holster is easy enough. It's that stupid under the radio bezel bracket.

That one by the radio isn't a proclip... It's from GBX or one of those places... I have it at home... I bought that mount but haven't installed it yet..., It's on Ebay as well from that company... GBX or GXB or something like that...

$39