Expedition Trailer V1.1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice another KJ driver ready for the zombie apocalypse!

Just need to let everyone else know with one of these:
You must be registered for see images attach

I just wish my KJ was ready with the lift lockers and man tires..

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome dude :cool:

Since pintle hitches aren't DOT legal are you making it so you can swap between the ball and the pintle?

or

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT DOT?

Hi,
That's amazing! I was under the impression the NATO pintle was about the ONLY international coupling that was legal everywhere!!doughpoke.gif
No problem with them here in New Zealand or Australia either. Odd.:cool:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
nz, we're unlikely to get in trouble over it. It's just not a Dept of Transportation-approved trailering device.

Military uses it, so why can't we (rotflmao)

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
See pintle hitch on all sorts of equipment trailers,doubles on semi's.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have towed a tandem dump trailer and a low boy of my friends that both have a pintle.Not modified factory. I have seen many equipment trailers and farm trailers with pintles.Guess I'm a law breaker.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Along with studded tires, keep a bat, shovel, machete, or some other similar swinging weapon just in case you run out of ammo. :D

You can't go Zombiie killin' without a chainsaw...

Enjoying the trailer right up as well! Keep the pics coming.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That trailer is sweet man.. I plan to build one when I get out of these when I get my own house. or shop to work at.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trailer won't be on the trails until the spring I predict since I am juggling more than one spendy project including:

timing belt
tires
Christmas in Ft Lauderdale

not to mention the cost of equipting this rig with expedition gear.

I should have some updated build pictures sooner than later but the action shots will have to wait until possibly EJS 2011.

Thank you for the kind words and following my progress. I will probably sell it after one season of use so I can build another more complicated trailer during the off-season. When the project is done and you like what you see, stay tuned because I would sell it for what I have into it.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude.. they're pretty thrashed now... and there's a MOAB trip this weekend.. If they had any value, they'd be yours cause you're my ace.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A-B comp on the same MOAB trail aired-down to the same pressure. The MT/R allowed me to walk over obstacles the STT needed more skinny pedal and in one instance required rock stacking to get over.

TJ2

Reaction score
You've got the ring and pintle. The other necessity is building shock mounts and sourcing small shock absorbers. Otherwise, if you try to carry coolers the bouncing up and down combined with the weight of the contents will break the bottoms out of them.

Also, the whole rig is a lot less stable. Never had a manufactured one, but had a home built trailer and knew a bunch of other guys that did. Great idea if it's executed well.

Latest posts

Members online