exhaust??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Straight6Jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SpinTech muffler

I have been using SpinTech mufflers for years on all of my vehicles (except my diesel..straight pipe). The one I cut into the liberty has a very deep, distintive note. Sounds very much like my old baja boat that had the wet manifolds with the sbc 383. Cost a total of $100, two beers, and a stoogie. It does have a bit of low drone while towing, but it sounds good.

Liberty06

Reaction score
ANyone have any experience on a muffler that will give alittle growl may help back pressure but will not kill low end torque pwr..I live in the Mts and climb uphill every day!
ALl the cone and K&N airfilters along with performance mufflers seem to hurt the power I need to climb...any brain activity on this? Much appreciated...

L

lil black liberty

ANyone have any experience on a muffler that will give alittle growl may help back pressure but will not kill low end torque pwr..I live in the Mts and climb uphill every day!
ALl the cone and K&N airfilters along with performance mufflers seem to hurt the power I need to climb...any brain activity on this? Much appreciated...

Do this, Get a Long Tall Texan Cold Air Intake Mod and then get you dual flowmaster exhausts.. you won't regret it..

jguthrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a magnaflow 14(?)(I gotta go get the part #) on mine. It came in 2 size canisters, 1 was an exact match width/heigth to ours so it wouldn't hang down any more than stock. Gotta say, *****. I wanted loud, but this sounds like, well, 1/2 time crap, 1/4 meh, 1/4 yay. Make sense?

What can I say, premature post on part #s here but man, what a friggin bad choice it was. I'll try to post the specifics. It was a direct muffler swap too, so no change in any piping or elsewhere.

It isn't deep enough, it makes the jeep sound like it has a smaller buzzy engine, but not even like a jeep. The best, and probably only good thing is when coming to a stop and the auto shifts down into 1st, it makes a nice little growl, but hardly worth the rest.

The point, don't just grab a muffler and go for it.

--Found it
Magnaflow #11225
4x9x14

Last edited: