exhaust??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jag2000v

Reaction score
Hey just got a 2003 Jeep Liberty and i went to a place and asked for dual exhaust or an X-pipe. i want a lil bit of sound (just a lil gurgel) and some HP They put it up on a lift for me and showed me under my car. they told me that there was no way of doing either exhaust bc there was no room and it would lower my clearence. i was just wondering if anyone has done it (if you have can i see some pix for ideas) or does anyone have sugestions. thank yo

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea i wanna wheel wit my kj too but over here there really isnt any where to go...besides exhaust, any other suggestions on what to do? i already raised her 2inches and thats all i did so far

Go over to LOSTKJ site and keep an eye on the NE section for our next run at Twin Arch.

You will need skids and hooks.

Dave

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Any good muffler shop can make custom cat-back duals, or one side duals. I do PC work for a local one, and mine will be coming sometime this year, I hope...

Jag2000v

Reaction score
You will need skids and hooks.

Dave

i looked into getting skids...there are a number of diff kind to get...Differential, gas tank, radiator, U-Bold, engine/transmission, lower control arm, steering box, front skid plates, oil pan, transfer case…is there ones in particular that I should get?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only 4 skids for the KJ,the front skid(also called engine skid,trans skid,t-case skid,and the gas tank skid.MOPAR one are okay for mild use but the SkidRow ones that JBA sells are much,much better.$1000 in skids is much better then a $1400 front diff,$3000+ trans,$1000 t-case,or a $650 dollar gas tank.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There are only 4 skids for the KJ,the front skid(also called engine skid,trans skid,t-case skid,and the gas tank skid.MOPAR one are okay for mild use but the SkidRow ones that JBA sells are much,much better.$1000 in skids is much better then a $1400 front diff,$3000+ trans,$1000 t-case,or a $650 dollar gas tank.

Spend a little to not spend a lot....

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dumped my muffler and added a 2.5" cat back straight pipe. She sounds great and I lost a bunch of weight getting rid of that huge muffler.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is a good muffler to get if u go wheelin alot? i seemed to crush mine and i need a new one.

You want the Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road muffler - p/n 942547OR for a Liberty. But know that the muffler is shorter than the OEM muffler, so you will either have to do a custom fabrication to the OEM tailpipe (extending it forward), or do what I did and get a short downturn tailpipe (mines 6") to run off the rear of the muffler. And no, exhaust fumes don't enter the interior of the vehicle (using the short tailpipe).

Oh and when you swap muffler's, (especially if you go with a muffer like the Flowmaster, etc., you will also either need to cut the front flange intermediate pipe off the OEM muffler, or get a new one from Dynomax (aka; Walker Exhaust), which is p/n 51002.

And don't forget, you will need two muffler clamps.

Last edited:
L

lil black liberty

Interesting.. You know I have been thinking of a project for my KJ though.. I've been thinking about doing a true dual setup from the header bypass the catalytic converter and y-pipe it there to dual it out all the way to the back using two mufflers.. it can be done on a 2WD but a 4WD I dunno.. I'm gonna have to make custom muffler hangers and custom piping.. Oh not to mention adding the JBA Ceramic headers port n polished.. Stage 4 ported and polished.. I wonder how that would sound..

Last edited by a moderator:

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting.. You know I have been thinking of a project for my KJ though.. I've been thinking about doing a true dual setup from the header bypass the catalytic converter and y-pipe it there to dual it out all the way to the back using two mufflers.. it can be done on a 2WD but a 4WD I dunno.. I'm gonna have to make custom muffler hangers and custom piping.. Oh not to mention adding the JBA Ceramic headers port n polished.. Stage 4 ported and polished.. I wonder how that would sound..

I've done it, won't sound great without mufflers.
Just add free flowing ones (not flowmaster crap) and you'll love the sound.

L

lil black liberty

I've done it, won't sound great without mufflers.
Just add free flowing ones (not flowmaster crap) and you'll love the sound.

Yeah talk about bringing the Dead back from the Grave man.. I still want to hear yours.. and I like my flowmaster crap :D It sounds better than that other crap that makes it sound like a Toyota Prius Rice Fart Can..:D

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah talk about bringing the Dead back from the Grave man.. I still want to hear yours.. and I like my flowmaster crap :D It sounds better than that other crap that makes it sound like a Toyota Prius Rice Fart Can..:D

Yep, I've been trying to make a video of my new exhaust for a long time with no luck.
Maybe i'll have enough time during NY holidays and will finally get it done!

P.s. Prius has a sound...? Something like "kiiiilll meeee"? :)