Exhaust sounds, How bad inside the cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw Cherry Bombs at the local auto part store today. Good prices too. But I'm wondering how bad do the sound while inside the cab? Or during highway driving? I don't want a drone that is going to drive me up a wall.

I know the Magnaflow's and Flowmaster's are supposed to have acceptable DB's.

The ones I saw there are glasspacks. However the kit set up for a kj looks like this;
You must be registered for see images

I like it, seems it would be a bit quieter than a glasspack. And $272.00 at buycherrybomb.com

The glasspack is around $40.00 @ 2.5 in and out.

The thing I would worry about with the system above is the durability of the housing of the muffler.

If you manage to break the glasspack, your out $40.00.

MBRP makes a system, that I think might be the most durable. But I have not seen to much about it.

I know a few of you have Cherries on your rigs, so Thought this was a good place to ask.

chill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
46 views and no replies. I guess that's to be expected.
Oh well, thanks anyway.
I just found it (the kit) on amazon for 258ish with free 2 day shipping cause I am a Prime member. It's usualy priced at like 400.00+. So that's a good deal. And no cutting or BS to deal with when it's a cat-back. Just the bolts and such...

So if anyone has anything please go ahead.
so now I'll just worry about back pressure and a resonator incase it's bizzaro loud inside.

markc

Reaction score
Chill, I have not heard that exact system, but from what I recall from Cherrybombs or what we used to simply call glasspacks, they were very loud and obnoxious to folks you pass. Those could be different, but glass packs, at least in my experience, have always been loud. I have the Magnaflow on my 06, and enjoy the sound. At times it is a bit noisy.