Exhaust help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROHO

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im looking to buy an exhaust for my liberty and was wanting to talk to someone about how it would sound and what would be a good choice.

Im mostly just wanting it to be louder and deeper, i was thinking about getting the Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Series. I've watched some videos on youtube on the flowmaster.

I just really don't want it to sound like a tuner :rolleyes: like a angry bumble-bee. My friend who's got a 5.7 liter V8 keeps telling me it's not going to sound good because of it being a V6.

So would it be possible to get a new exhaust that's louder and "deeper" sounding without sounding like a tuner?

If so could you recommend a good choice?

Im sure many of you have aftermarket exhaust, so you know first hand. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the DynoMax Thrush Turbo 17718. It has a nice deep sound and not an annoying drone. It is the longer version. The 17715 is 6" shorter and would be a little louder. I just put a turndown directlt after the muffler and got rid of the tailpipe running all the way to the back.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My flowmaster 50 series sounds great at idle and low rpms but over 3k it kinda sounds like an infiniti. They have a very distinct sound if youve ever heard them.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a Magnaflow installed on mine and have to say that I love the sound and it being stainless steel is a plus for it will not rust like the flowmaster I had on my last truck did.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just had a Magnaflow installed on mine and have to say that I love the sound and it being stainless steel is a plus for it will not rust like the flowmaster I had on my last truck did.

Could you get a vid....and then another after the break in period???:)

Thanks...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Drone is the sound inside the cabin, the deep bass sound. All mufflers drone, but it depends on muffler placement as well as type. The farther back you can get the muffler, the less drone you get inside the vehicle.

Corsa makes a "drone buster" muffler.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flowmaster 50 SUV series, drone is minimum, it adds nice sound to it, nothing extremely loud, but it puts out a very nice low rumble when you get the rpm just right, generally on get go around 3k rpm. It does not bother inside at all. Others get too loud inside, after a while gives you headache..

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Flowmaster 50 SUV series, drone is minimum, it adds nice sound to it, nothing extremely loud, but it puts out a very nice low rumble when you get the rpm just right, generally on get go around 3k rpm. It does not bother inside at all. Others get too loud inside, after a while gives you headache..

Got a vid???:D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do but it is really hard to tell from a video..

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds great...do you get any drone???

I haven't noticed it. It's a little "poppy" if you rev it up too high and then let up suddenly, but not obnoxiously so. I really like the sound. It's deep like the flowmasters when you're idling but smooth when you're actually driving, which is a good combination imo :D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't noticed it. It's a little "poppy" if you rev it up too high and then let up suddenly, but not obnoxiously so. I really like the sound. It's deep like the flowmasters when you're idling but smooth when you're actually driving, which is a good combination imo :D

Cool....:D

ROHO

Reaction score
I just bought an Aero Turbine 2525 muffler for mine a few weeks back. Sounds great, and it's improved my fuel economy about 2 mpg too =D Here's a link to the video for the sound. There's a few others I have too but this is the main one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhU5C2kY8fg

Im really likeing this one. If you dont mind could i ask where you got it at? Also did you just "dump" it off after installing the new exhaust?

Also long tall texan, do you have a video of how that sounds on your liberty?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online