EVS I and Shock Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, maybe someone here will know more than Mopar customer service and the 10 dealerships I have dealt with on this question. I have an 06 Limited, meaning I have power doors, keyless entry and Sentry Key. If you install the EVS Base System, it says it is only for vehicles without these features. However, to install the Shock Sensor (Part #4886260AB), it says you have to have the EVS Base System and the dealership claims that having these features does not mean you can install the shock sensor. It also means you can't install the EVS Base System necessary to install the Shock Sensor. Total Catch 22, right? Yet the EVS I, according to them, will not allow you to install the Shock Sensor, either, and there is no Shock Sensor built into the EVS I. So basically, according to them, if you have a Limited, you are Limited in your options as only a vehicle that is poorly equipped can get the EVS Base System and consequently Shock Sensor. How on earth can I be unable to install the Shock Sensor and there be no provision to get one installed?

Ideally, I want to install the EVS I and Shock Sensor on an 06 Limited. Period.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
Alright, maybe someone here will know more than Mopar customer service and the 10 dealerships I have dealt with on this question. I have an 06 Limited, meaning I have power doors, keyless entry and Sentry Key. If you install the EVS Base System, it says it is only for vehicles without these features. However, to install the Shock Sensor (Part #4886260AB), it says you have to have the EVS Base System and the dealership claims that having these features does not mean you can install the shock sensor. It also means you can't install the EVS Base System necessary to install the Shock Sensor. Total Catch 22, right? Yet the EVS I, according to them, will not allow you to install the Shock Sensor, either, and there is no Shock Sensor built into the EVS I. So basically, according to them, if you have a Limited, you are Limited in your options as only a vehicle that is poorly equipped can get the EVS Base System and consequently Shock Sensor. How on earth can I be unable to install the Shock Sensor and there be no provision to get one installed?

Ideally, I want to install the EVS I and Shock Sensor on an 06 Limited. Period.
You can install it just you'll lose all your features like keyless entry.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the shock sensor you have, but if there is a sensitivity adjustment right on the sensor itself, it should be no problem.
If it's a more advanced type, it should have power, ground and a trigger wire (two if dual stage) a simple sensor will have a ground and a trigger.
If the OEM security system has triggers to set it off (like the door opening without remote or key or even easier yet, a hood pin) simply connect the trigger wire of the shock sensor to one of these wires. Usually, sensor outputs and alarm trigger inputs are negative pulses. To the brain, a pulse is a pulse. It will simply see that the door was opened each time the shock sensor goes off which yields the same result.
Identify the trigger wires and you can add whatever and any quantity of sensors you want. If you have to use the door triggers, you'll want to diode-isolate the wire or else the dome light and/or the "door ajar" light will constantly come on as you drive down the road.

Latest posts

Members online