EVIC with or w/o sunroof controls?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question.

My 04' KJ does not have a sunroof. The EVIC unit that I'm bidding on (Ebay) has sunroof controls. To me, it doesn't seem like it would make a difference but....

My question is....Will installing a unit with sunroof controls into a KJ w/o a sunroof effect the unit's performance?

Thanks, Tony

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shouldn't matter, you'll just have a switch connected to nothing.

Rocky04

Reaction score
It doesn't matter, the wire harnes what you need and hope comes whit the EVIC, has three connectors but you will need only two, one for the EVIC and one for the lights. You could take the switch out and cover the hole.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be cool if you connected one of the buttons to rear flipglass. :)

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin, that's a really good idea. I have an older GC evic with a sunroof switch, i'll have to check the fsm and see if its even possible.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, everyone!!

Now, hopefully, I can win this auction. I've been trying to win one of these darn things for over 3 months now!!! I did win one, but had to send it back...it didn't come with the proper wiring harness. It's hard for me to win one because they all end while I'm at work, I keep getting out bid!!!. Just one of the drawbacks of living in S. Korea.

If you do figure out how to hook up the rear glass to that switch, let me know.

Thanks again, Tony

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did win one, but had to send it back...it didn't come with the proper wiring harness.
Do you mean a pigtail? You can use a slightly modified floppy drive power connector off a power supply as a substitute. Gives you more options if things don't work out with this one. Good luck on the auction.