Evap slow leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atmk631

Reaction score
Hi, my 2007 Jeep liberty 3.7 is giving a very slow evap leak code. I borrowed a smoke machine and the only place where there is any sort of leak is at the fresh air filter which sits just under the fuel fill tube on the inner side of the left rear fender. I pulled the filter off and there doesn't seem to be any sort of valve system. Does anyone know if this is attached to a valve system on the gas tank, or is it normal for this to vent.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to ground the EVAP vent or activate it on via a scan tool as it's normally "open" and must be forced closed to smoke test the system.

Most common leak areas on a KJ are the leak detection pump(anything over 1psi can false trigger it as being bad),gas cap,or the charcoal canister hoses being cracked.

wjg743

Reaction score
I do not know if there is/isnt a valve but I was recently seeing a P0442 code on my 2003 3.7L that ended up being caused by a failing pump to eject the fumes from the gas tank.

Latest posts

Members online