Error codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAlexis

Reaction score
Hello, I have a query, can someone allow me to look at the numbers / error codes that are displayed after 5 times completing the "contact" for Liberty 2.5 CRD KJ 2002:
P 1130
P 0579
P 0836
P 1685

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same vehicle as you have!

Download the 2002 Jeep Service Manuals here...tells you a lot!

But very important is to download the section: 2.5_2.8 export diesel.

This main 2002 Manual gives you the description of what the codes mean and what to do about them. Problem is that they usually call for the DBIII Reader that only the Jeep Agents have...there are no off the shelf Readers available that can handle the PCI Bus used here.

I will go through those codes then if you have the correct manuals in front of you we can go through them together!

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

P1130 Fuel Rail Pressure
P0579 S/C Switch Signal voltage
P0836 Transfer Case Plausability
P1685 Skim Code Invalid Code received.

The trouble is that only a Dealer can clear these codes so one of them may be ancient and no longer of interest!
For instance if the Jeep does start and run OK then the P1685 code is an ancient code of no relevance...if there is a problem with the SKIM code the jeep will not run!
You have the Amber "Key" symbol with a stripe through it...this Lights up or flashes if there is a problem with the SKIM....newer KJs have a Red Led instead of this Amber "key"!

What problem do you have with the Jeep at the moment?

Last edited:

DRAlexis

Reaction score
I have the same vehicle as you have!

Download the 2002 Jeep Service Manuals here...tells you a lot!

But very important is to download the section: 2.5_2.8 export diesel.

This main 2002 Manual gives you the description of what the codes mean and what to do about them. Problem is that they usually call for the DBIII Reader that only the Jeep Agents have...there are no off the shelf Readers available that can handle the PCI Bus used here.

I will go through those codes then if you have the correct manuals in front of you we can go through them together!

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

P1130 Fuel Rail Pressure
P0579 S/C Switch Signal voltage
P0836 Transfer Case Plausability
P1685 Skim Code Invalid Code received.

The trouble is that only a Dealer can clear these codes so one of them may be ancient and no longer of interest!
For instance if the Jeep does start and run OK then the P1685 code is an ancient code of no relevance...if there is a problem with the SKIM code the jeep will not run!
You have the Amber "Key" symbol with a stripe through it...this Lights up or flashes if there is a problem with the SKIM....newer KJs have a Red Led instead of this Amber "key"!

What problem do you have with the Jeep at the moment?
Hello Billwill, Thank you a lot for this precious information. I will download the manual. Hopefully the Jeep run OK, I'm just afraid not stop suddenly. I will check the manual. Thanks:)

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those manuals are extremely important! I have them on my Laptop and never travel without my Laptop and Voltmeters etc. in case I get stranded on the open road. My ex GF pranged my Jeep into a tree which caused lots of wiring damage which I have fixed over the years..not happened again for the last 2 years so hopefully settled down now.
As I stated most of your error codes are probably not relevant anymore...get your Dealer to clear all the codes if you ever have a Service done there!

In the meantime if you have any particular issue that affects your driving then let me know and we can work through the documentation together!

DRAlexis

Reaction score
Yeah those manuals are extremely important! I have them on my Laptop and never travel without my Laptop and Voltmeters etc. in case I get stranded on the open road. My ex GF pranged my Jeep into a tree which caused lots of wiring damage which I have fixed over the years..not happened again for the last 2 years so hopefully settled down now.
As I stated most of your error codes are probably not relevant anymore...get your Dealer to clear all the codes if you ever have a Service done there!

In the meantime if you have any particular issue that affects your driving then let me know and we can work through the documentation together!
Thank you again. I will manage this time by myself :) Have a nice weekend

Latest posts

Members online