Engo en10000 electric winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this winch about a month ago and recently put it to the test about half a dozen times. Flawless operation if not a little slow. I have the wire rope and not the synthetic because i am on a budget. The winch was bought at amazon.com for $299.99 and with shipping ended up just shy of $360. It contains both a wired controller and a wireless controller that will almost reach to the end of the wire rope.

It was simple to install although the control box pictured must have been a previous model, but all the wires were color coded and matched up perfectly. When it arrived and I had it installed, I went to test it and it just clunked. A quick call to joel at engousa.com who was very knowledgeable confirmed my suspicions of a seized winch brake an email of my receipt is all it took. Within a week I had an entire new winch body including working brake. I switched out the body, spooled the wire a few times, and hit the trails.

It has saved me about 5 times and with a snatch block, pulled out a Hummer H1 that was stuck up to the frame in a sandy creek bed. It pulled the H1 out without breaking a sweat after I was anchored to another vehicle. I chose this winch after the controversy erupting over this article Massive Multi-Winch Shootout - Four Wheeler Magazine and the low cost compared to other winches. The winch can be bought from several retailers such as amazon.com and also from Engo USA - Winches ? EngoUSA Hydraulic Winches ? Buy Direct and Save!.

I would give this product a 9 out of 10 overall as it did not arrive in satisfactory condition to begin with, however, that is my only complaint. I will continue to report if it performs extraordinary or if a problem develops.

Last edited:

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been 10 months and around 30 pulls later and all is well. My only complaint is that the red logo on the control box is now faded yellow. Mechanically sound, wireless remote, easy installation, and well worth the money.