Engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeeplost

Reaction score
Swapped motor from an 05-06 body. 06 has drive by wire. Swapped harness and computer because transmission connection difference. Did not start ,is there more I need to swap besides pedal?

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about this, but do a bit of searching about the SKIM module. It is the electronic theft control.
Do you get any start and immediately shut off? There is a red light on the dash that lights up under conditions.]

I gotta check my 06. Don’t think he is drive by wire, but the the engine was swapped before I got it.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'07s are the only KJs in the U.S. that used ETC, unless you have an oddball. You probably want to swap over the PCM, BCM and, as mentioned, SKIM, otherwise some programming will probably required. Testing for presence (or lack of) spark/fuel/compression could help narrow down what's up.

Jeeplost

Reaction score
'07s are the only KJs in the U.S. that used ETC, unless you have an oddball. You probably want to swap over the PCM, BCM and, as mentioned, SKIM, otherwise some programming will probably required. Testing for presence (or lack of) spark/fuel/compression could help narrow down what's up.
You are correct it’s an 07 and 06, did PCM and BCM. Have to look into SKIM , thanks for the information.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ECU shops can delete the immobiliser function.

Jeeplost

Reaction score
You are correct it’s an 07 and 06, did PCM and BCM. Have to look into SKIM , thanks for the information.
Just to update, swapped wire harness for the pcu and tipm. Then code for mismatch vin for the abs module switched over too, plus skim and key (board.) Then it started, swapped over gas pedal assembly and it runs and drives now.
This forum is a big help with great resources.
Thank you

Members online

No members online now.