Engine stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a MY 2007 Liberty, is it normal that when you turn the key to the off position the engine rumbles (that's the best way I can describe it) for one second before stopping?

Now I'm becoming aware that it makes a kind of gentle "SBUFF" noise after the rumble...did you ever notice it in your 2.8 CRD ?

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it should be the pop-off valve action, but why it can be heard sometimes yes and others no ?? I'm somewhat confused...900 miles without "SBUFF" and now it comes out.

Gige

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, 13000 km on mine and never noticed "SBUFF" noise... Maybe I'm just used to diesel engines?!?

Cheers,
Gige

Last edited:

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your CRD start and stop smoothly or with a short rumble-rough action?

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine shuttered more on shurdown rt b4 and durring my egr failure. as the anti shutter slash anti runaway valve is built into the egr

ur egr may be dieing

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon, I'm used to WV diesels which shut-off immediately when you turn the key.

My KJ at the turn of the key shakes for one second with a "TROTROTRO" sound...befor the famous small "SBUFF" (you know I like to describe sounds :D )...I'd like to find out if it's ok...I have to record it and find the way to post the MP3 :D