Engine misfires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plarry23

Reaction score
When we purchased our 2003 liberty sport the front drive shaft was out of it. recently I replaced the front drive shafts rear CV joint and installed the drive shaft. We have not drove it very much the last few month. Yesterday I noted an engine misfire and CEL is blinking. Check the engine codes. PO300, random/multiple misfires , cly. 1,4,5,6,. PO 356, Ignition coil 6 circuit malfunction. PO387 , 4WD switch circuit ranger/ performance. PO387, 4 WD switch circuit low. Could 4WD codes cause engine to misfire. If not any help would be of great help. thank you !!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a few different issues.
How long has it been since it was given a good tune up, also what plugs are in it currently?
4WD switch is a common easily fixed issue

plarry23

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a few different issues.
How long has it been since it was given a good tune up, also what plugs are in it currently?
4WD switch is a common easily fixed issue

When we first purchased it had a oil leak from value covers. We replaced gaskets and installed new NGK plugs, it was about 3 or4 months ago. That's the only tune up we have done. Thank you for your response!!

mlmentor

Reaction score
When we purchased our 2003 liberty sport the front drive shaft was out of it. recently I replaced the front drive shafts rear CV joint and installed the drive shaft. We have not drove it very much the last few month. Yesterday I noted an engine misfire and CEL is blinking. Check the engine codes. PO300, random/multiple misfires , cly. 1,4,5,6,. PO 356, Ignition coil 6 circuit malfunction. PO387 , 4WD switch circuit ranger/ performance. PO387, 4 WD switch circuit low. Could 4WD codes cause engine to misfire. If not any help would be of great help. thank you !!

Typically, P0300 is not related to any part of Drivetrain. This is 2 different systems. One is controlled by the PCM or ECU(engine computer), the other one by TCM(transmission computer).

If it is 1, 2 or just three cylinders that are not working well, you should first check the spark plugs for these especially cylinders. Second, check if the coil are still good. But in your case, I would advice you to buy 6 new plugs and see if it still doing the same thing. After that, we can try further tests.

Latest posts

Members online