Engine Light came on today..need your opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so the glorious check engine light came on today.Took it to my buddys shop and found it threw the code P0572 which is BRAKE SWITCH 1 SWITCH STUCK ON.The brake lights work fine, what else could this be? The brake switch is only 9.99 anyway but i dont know why it threw this code if they work just fine?

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See the thing i forgot to add is that my speedo is messed up.My dad cleaned undercarriage and the speedo jacked up afterwards.It ll work sometimes but then it'll just fall to 0 and then sometimes it'll just go up and down up and down and either stay at true speed or drop to zero.Ii was on highway today and it was working so i turned on cruise control and it stayed for 5 mins until the speedo quit so cc stopped working..after that is when i noticed the check engine light came on.Sorry i forgot to include that in first post

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wires for the speedo?I'm not sure he said he cleaned the bottom of my jeep.I wasn't there.But he said ever since then it hasn't worked correctly.He wanted to use his new pressure washer because there was mud under my KJ.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See the thing i forgot to add is that my speedo is messed up.My dad cleaned undercarriage and the speedo jacked up afterwards.

"Much trouble in life comes from fixing things that are not broken." -- Welder in Baja Mexico.

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so today i went on highway and speedo was working fine.I started cruise control and was working then i pressed on brake pedal and engine light went off? crazy but apparently it fixed it

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How not? The speedo is working perfectly fine and cruise control works perfectly fine.Brake lights and all work.There isnt anything wrong happening.It been doing just fine since last night

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due you dont have to be a smarta$$

Yeah, he does. It's his shtick and I'm jealous that TBJ pulls it off so flawlessly.

Now go and check the wires/connections on the top of the diff. If the connector is loose, wires are broken/chaffed the transducer there will NOT transmit the wheel speed info to the rest of the KJ that needs it. Stoopid tone rings. Why did the manufacturers ever quit using a cable from the trans output shaft?