engine light came ...on P0122 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Throttle position sensor voltage low"
any one know what this is? i'll likely drop the jeep off monday, but if it was a simple fix that i could do.... i'd love it.

BTW... this forum is GREAT!!! i was able to do a search that showed me how to look the code up... LOVE IT!

You must be registered for see images attach

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Sounds like the Throttle Position Sensor. A simple and cheap fix you could do yourself in your garage in 15 minutes. Save yourself a 'load a cash' and DIY. Mine was a cinch.:)

:cool:

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
%$*@#$ found it.... wish i hadn't... i busted the clip holding the wiring harness.... looks like i will need a new harness now too!$!#&%@#!*^@%*

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cable ties... They are your best friend for brittle retaining clips... Put one around the connector on the sensor as an anchor then put one around the plug between the wires and through the one you put around the sensors connector.

Sounds ghetto but it will hold it no problem. I have seen shops do this all the time with connector that have a weak or broken retainer.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cable ties... They are your best friend for brittle retaining clips... Put one around the connector on the sensor as an anchor then put one around the plug between the wires and through the one you put around the sensors connector.

Sounds ghetto but it will hold it no problem. I have seen shops do this all the time with connector that have a weak or broken retainer.
LOL... that is a pretty good idea! definitely better than the wad of electrical tape i am using now... i'll give it a go in the morning. thanks for the tip!

A

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

worked like a charm... thanks again.