Engine cut by driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELP : Engine cut by driving

Hello,

I have a big problem on my Jeep KJ 2002 V 3.7.

Sometimes, my engine cut off in driving on the road and I am forced to restart. The engine restart whithout any problems.

I have just one error on OBD : P0122. I tried to replace the throttle position sensor but the engine stalls with the new sensor. So I reinstalled the old sensor and the engine works well there.

According to the forums, my engine cutoff problem can come to Crankshaft Position Sensor. Can you confirm this?

Below, the position of Crank Position Sensor. Do you confirm ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNdyzRIZpSE

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f225/crank-position-sensor-55143/

THanks for your help.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The code does relate to the TPS. What brand of TPS did you use? I used a Mopar TPS. You install by aligning up the tab a bit to right, then rotate back counter clockwise to install the TPS.
Before assuming any further sensors, please check to ensure your battery terminals are clean and super tight. Also get the battery load tested.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may also be a good idea to clean your throttle body with throttle body cleaner.

And the IAC valve. Cleaned mine a couple days ago. This is what she looked like. Gas mileage improved a lot for me also. Better idling as well.
You must be registered for see images

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The code does relate to the TPS. What brand of TPS did you use? I used a Mopar TPS. You install by aligning up the tab a bit to right, then rotate back counter clockwise to install the TPS.
Before assuming any further sensors, please check to ensure your battery terminals are clean and super tight. Also get the battery load tested.

The new sensor was a CROWN model.

The battery is good, but I don't have make a settings during the replacement...