ENGAGEING 4 WHEEL DRIVE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL RENNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past weekend I went to the beach and thought i'd see how my new tires did in the soft sand down here. THEY DID GREAT!! Almost too good, i couldn't seem to get myself stuck in 2WD.....finally i did get stuck. But when i tried to shift into 4 Wheel Part Time, i couldnt not engage. So i put it in Reverse and then shifted back into Drive and as i was moving forward i shifted into 4 Wheel part time like i normally do with no problem. Now i'm guessing that in order to shift into that 4 Wheel part time i ahve to be moving?....or maybe i needed to put the ****** into Neutral, and then shift into 4 part time????

And i guess i could have put it into Neutral and shifted into 4LO? But how could i do that if it wouldn't let me go through 4Hi? And do I have to be in 4Hi first in order to shift into 4LO?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the manual says it the best. But anyway, the beach sounded like fun. I like to put my Jeeps in 2WD in snow sometimes myself. It's not a bad idea to learn how to drive in snow (etc.) with just 2WD... It makes you safer when in 4WD IMO.