End of an era

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, last night was my Jeeps last night and figured I'd hop on here after a few years for one last post. This year I put on all rear control arms, all 4 calipers, new shocks and springs, new parking brake components and all pads. All new injectors, plugs and coils..
All just to send it through a telephone pole last night. Went around a snow/ice covered sweeping bend and my 2wd liberty kicked sideways for the last time.. a few countersteers to send myself left, because right was a 30-40ft deep swamp pond. But left was a pretty unforgiving telephone pole.
Glad to be okay. Only thing hurt is my pride ****.. and of course, the most faithful reliable vehicle I've ever owned.
It became a backup vehicle awhile back and it's gotten me out of everything. Only started 3 times in a year until I wrecked my car(deer) and all 3 times it fired up the moment you turned the key. Not even a full engine crank, like you turned it off 10 minutes ago.
If I could get another, I would in a heartbeat.
So I may be back ;)

Attachments

• 20211126_171327.jpg
    20211126_171327.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 20211126_171559.jpg
    20211126_171559.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 81
  • 20211126_171603.jpg
    20211126_171603.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20211126_171606.jpg
    20211126_171606.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 77

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Gunner that really was a nice Jeep ! Super glad that you were not hurt !
Look for another one & start swapping good parts is my thought.
Also look for a 4X4 !! That extra traction is necessary in winter !!
I expect you may find another one wthin a month or two, You will be back ! :)
Note KJ's Rule. They are strong & a very safe vehicle.

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your ok, KJ'S are very strong - a few years ago a Camry t-***** my KJ and totaled the Toyota but my Jeep was easily repaired.

billindl

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Glad you were not injured. Hope you find another Liberty and are able to use parts from this one.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Sad news, but glad you are not hurt. Hope you can find another Liberty and keep on going.

Drag Line

Reaction score
Well, last night was my Jeeps last night and figured I'd hop on here after a few years for one last post. This year I put on all rear control arms, all 4 calipers, new shocks and springs, new parking brake components and all pads. All new injectors, plugs and coils..
All just to send it through a telephone pole last night. Went around a snow/ice covered sweeping bend and my 2wd liberty kicked sideways for the last time.. a few countersteers to send myself left, because right was a 30-40ft deep swamp pond. But left was a pretty unforgiving telephone pole.
Glad to be okay. Only thing hurt is my pride ****.. and of course, the most faithful reliable vehicle I've ever owned.
It became a backup vehicle awhile back and it's gotten me out of everything. Only started 3 times in a year until I wrecked my car(deer) and all 3 times it fired up the moment you turned the key. Not even a full engine crank, like you turned it off 10 minutes ago.
So I may be back ;)
Glad you are OK. Sheet metal can be replaced.

I've seen a lot of KJs in the non rust belt areas for sale in mostly 4x4 so they're out there, just might take some time to find what you want.

JMichael2006

Reaction score
So I may be back ;)
Ouch, glad you're okay.

JMichael2006

Reaction score
So I may be back ;)
Don't leave, stick around and find another KJ. Swap the new parts over and scrap the remains. Those are a lot of good parts there to save. Someone else will make $$$$$ selling them instead of you reusing.

Latest posts

Members online