Emissions Testing Letter from DCX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
This is highly unusual and speaks for itself.

You must be registered for see images attach

All I have to say is... THEY CAN HAVE IT! KEEP IT FOR AS LONG AS THEY WISH. 5-20 DAYS? KEEP IT FOR 30, LOL!!!! $250 is like (almost... ok, not quite) a months' payment!!!!

We'll see what happens.... the survey is in the mail.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you read the back of this letter, with -4 point font, fine print.

"your vehicle will be used as a getaway car in our heist, and this is actually not a letter from DC. You have a risk of losing your vehicle and by accepting our check you agree to all risks, lawsuits, imprisonment, etc.. associated with it"

2003KJ

Reaction score
Did you read the back of this letter, with -4 point font, fine print.

"your vehicle will be used as a getaway car in our heist, and this is actually not a letter from DC. You have a risk of losing your vehicle and by accepting our check you agree to all risks, lawsuits, imprisonment, etc.. associated with it"

Agreed......I probably would have called DC directly before hand to confirm that they are in fact, actually doing this.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Considering that the letter is just in the mailbox, I already called, and contacted someone I know who works at Roush. It's legit.

You guys think I'm dumb? :p

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you call
1-800-215-9658 or 734-779-7006

I could have put my number there and pick up the phone "VANDALAY INDUSTRIES" hehehehehe

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You guys are just jealous because I might get a check for $250 + a rental car to abuse + a car wash.

J/k. lol3.gif

But seriously, NOBODY has heard of anything like this before?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are just jealous because I might get a check for $250 + a rental car to abuse + a car wash.

J/k. lol3.gif

But seriously, NOBODY has heard of anything like this before?

Yeah, but remember your CRD is gonna be the rental car for them. :eek:

Also, is it talking Roush like the Roush Performance that specializes mostly in Mustangs?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yeah, but remember your Liberty is gonna be the rental car for them. :eek:

Also, is it talking Roush like the Roush Performance that specializes mostly in Mustangs?

I've probably driven my Liberty harder than they ever will. You know, 100MPH, tire smoke, wheel off the ground... There's a reason why some of my tanks yield sucky MPG and some don't. :)

Same Roush... they do more than make Mustangs fast. :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hay Marlon, I'll be right over to pick it up........on behalf of Roush Industries of course...........j/k

That's interesting. I wonder why they are doing this? To me it doesn't make sense. I mean they would have done plenty of tests with the CRD including emissions when they put the prototype CRD KJ together in the first place.

There must be more to it. Check into it more.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still vote for getaway car.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all internal combustion engines have gas emissions, whether they run on diesel, petroleum, or coconut oil. :cool:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Coconut oil? mmmm, I should run some of that in my engine....

Wonder if my exhaust would smell like Pina Coladas?

BTW: I'm going to put a TON of miles on that loaner car. :D

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you call
1-800-215-9658 or 734-779-7006

I could have put my number there and pick up the phone "VANDALAY INDUSTRIES" hehehehehe

Hahaha..I love Seinfeld!!

Hay Marlon, I'll be right over to pick it up........on behalf of Roush Industries of course...........j/k

That's interesting. I wonder why they are doing this? To me it doesn't make sense. I mean they would have done plenty of tests with the CRD including emissions when they put the prototype CRD KJ together in the first place.

There must be more to it. Check into it more.

Dave

Maybe their are looking into bringing the CRD back into the new KK or even JK? Isn't the 3.8L a temp engine?? Hmmmm...?

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My take on this is FRAUD. A typewriter typed letter is not the norm in this day of computers/printers. Good luck if they do pick you.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just remembered.. Were there any VIN number anywhere at all, or did they ask you for it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.