emergency brake help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

butcher

Reaction score
ok....
my emergency brake lever is not seized, brakes are good on the vehicle...
but the E-Brake is not holding the vehicle back quite enough to pass the safety certification.
any help on adjusting would be great.
also, I need to change the blower resistor. Im sure I can find that easily though.
Thanks for all the help in advance.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let it roll back while you pull up the lever, it will self adjust that way. Do that a few times.

Blower motor resistor is easy, take off the glove box and it's right there.

butcher

Reaction score
Let it roll back while you pull up the lever, it will self adjust that way. Do that a few times.

Blower motor resistor is easy, take off the glove box and it's right there.

I'll try the rollin back and pulling the e-brake handle, never thought of that, thats how us truckers adjust auto slacker air brake cams on the wagon

Yeah, the resistor was easy, never even scratched a knuckle, easiest one I've ever done
Thanks.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I just noticed your post here, anyways I pm'd him regarding using the screwdriver to hold tab back on cable adjuster, when lowering handle back down. pic 3..
LOST JEEPS • View topic - Adjusting the E-Brake
Re the blower resistor, use the better quality 2004 Sebring Convertible part number.
It is easy to replace but you have to get that red locking tab on that thing pulled to release it.
I just took screws out rotated it to then push back red clip..
Link: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/resisitor-block-fan-speed-1-2-gone-59443/

butcher

Reaction score
I just noticed your post here, anyways I pm'd him regarding using the screwdriver to hold tab back on cable adjuster, when lowering handle back down. pic 3..
LOST JEEPS • View topic - Adjusting the E-Brake
Re the blower resistor, use the better quality 2004 Sebring Convertible part number.
It is easy to replace but you have to get that red locking tab on that thing pulled to release it.
I just took screws out rotated it to then push back red clip..
Link: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/resisitor-block-fan-speed-1-2-gone-59443/

Yeah, that was one of the easiest resistor's ive replaced..... Try it on a Nissan Versa LOL!!! Thanks for the info

Latest posts

Members online